a few new pics

jsalk

a few new pics
« on: 29 Jan 2006, 04:23 pm »
Just thought I'd share some pics of some speakers that went out this week.

The first is a pair of Jordan monitors.  Rick DeNoble wanted a single driver solution and wanted a custom cabinet with a wider front baffle than the previous models I have built.  

So I remodeled the cabinet and this was the result:

Rick wanted cherry with maple trim.  So I found some very nice cherry with a lot of curl and also some curly maple for the trim.  The picture does not do justice to the look of the woods.

The other pair just shipped were HT1's in a hand-rubbed, high-gloss piano finish:

The veneer is African waterfall bubinga and the front baffles are bubinga pomele.

Here's a close up shot of the front baffle.  Notice the reflection of the nearest cabinet's W18 in the cabinet to the rear.

Later...

- Jim

jackman

a few new pics
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2006, 06:14 pm »
Hi Jim,

You should give free sunglasses to anyone who buys those HT's!  Blindlingly good work!  Your workmanship never fails to amaze me.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
a few new pics
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2006, 06:18 pm »
Hi Jim,
  Beautiful choice of woods with a finish that is also top notch. Excellent work.

jsalk

a few new pics
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2006, 11:53 pm »
jackman, bill -

Thanks for the kind words.  After toiling away rubbing the HT1 cabinets out, it is nice to get positive feedback.  Much appreciated.

- Jim

Christof

a few new pics
« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2006, 03:59 pm »
Newton and the Apple

texas steve

a few new pics
« Reply #5 on: 3 Feb 2006, 08:29 pm »
Quote from: jsalk
jackman, bill -

Thanks for the kind words.  After toiling away rubbing the HT1 cabinets out, it is nice to get positive feedback.  Much appreciated.

- Jim

Hey Jim, I think that gives you a great warm up for mine!!    Beautiful work!

Steve

ss397

a few new pics
« Reply #6 on: 4 Feb 2006, 03:28 am »
jim i think your speakers are very artistic and hi-tech at the same time. hope to hear them soon.