Synchro Mesh or Off-Ramp

ricmon

Synchro Mesh or Off-Ramp
« on: 27 Nov 2018, 07:47 pm »
Hello Steve I've got a PC I built running Daphile software to my DAC.  I've tried inserting a USB isolator based on the ADuM4160 chip.  However once inline to the DAC I lost some functionality, specifically the ability to do DoP.  Will one of your devices provide the cleaner signal and not block communication between the DAC and the streaming software?

thanks
Ric

audioengr

Re: Synchro Mesh or Off-Ramp
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2018, 05:51 pm »
Hello Steve I've got a PC I built running Daphile software to my DAC.  I've tried inserting a USB isolator based on the ADuM4160 chip.  However once inline to the DAC I lost some functionality, specifically the ability to do DoP.  Will one of your devices provide the cleaner signal and not block communication between the DAC and the streaming software?

thanks
Ric

Synchro-Mesh will probably not work for you.  My Off-Ramp 5 may work, but hard to tell.  I have no experience with OR5 and DOP.

Steve N.

ricmon

« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2018, 06:08 pm »
Thanks .....maybe I'll just have to experiment.

Ric

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2018, 08:04 pm »
Synchro-Mesh will probably not work for you.  My Off-Ramp 5 may work, but hard to tell.  I have no experience with OR5 and DOP.

Steve N.

Hey Steve,

I had DoP working through an OR5 into a W4S DAC2-DSDse via the HDMI port. It worked flawlessly for me.

Todd

ricmon

« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2018, 05:05 pm »
Hey Steve,

I had DoP working through an OR5 into a W4S DAC2-DSDse via the HDMI port. It worked flawlessly for me.

Todd

Todd thanks for that info.  Unfortunately I don't have a HDMI input on my DAC.  The sad part is I do have HDMI out capabilities from my streamer  :(.

Ric

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2018, 07:23 pm »
I am pretty sure the OR5 would treat DoP just like a PCM file so I would think it would work on any of the OR5 outputs (as long as your DAC supports DoP).

Todd

audioengr

« Reply #6 on: 15 Dec 2018, 01:11 am »
That's good news, although not unexpected.  DOP is just PCM.

As long as your DAC can decode DOP, you are in good shape.

Steve N.