Tech Talk Tuesday Episode 1 is up.

tmarshall7

Re: Tech Talk Tuesday Episode 1 is up.
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jun 2019, 02:17 pm »
Also loved the video personal engagement by Dannie. If not previously stated, two other topics that should be candidates would be: 1) proper positioning of OB speakers within a more conventional listening room regarding reflecting surfaces and 2) Recommended procedural approach for Servo OB bass and amplifier setup, blending to the mains regarding settings and phase alignment.

WC

« Reply #21 on: 26 Jun 2019, 04:15 pm »
I watched the video. Pretty informative.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #22 on: 26 Jun 2019, 05:04 pm »
One thing I loved about the video is how you talked about "common mistakes" that others make.  Like, people discover OB sounds great, then use a uber-wide baffle for their speakers (doh!)  That type of stuff is gold.

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 29 Jun 2019, 06:17 pm »
All of the video work for next weeks Tuesday Tech Talk is done. I incorporated everything you guys said. Thank you everyone.

The room is different, the lighting is better, the eye contact is better. It is shorter, and all follow up lessons on this topic will have their own episode. On a production end it is all better.

I hope everyone likes the content. This one is one that I will be building on for several episodes and showing application in several ways.

Tune in next Tuesday.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #24 on: 29 Jun 2019, 08:07 pm »
WILCO

Saturn94

« Reply #25 on: 30 Jun 2019, 04:43 am »
What are the speakers in the video?

I don’t see anything like that on the GR Research website.

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #26 on: 30 Jun 2019, 04:56 am »
What are the speakers in the video?

I don’t see anything like that on the GR Research website.

The Super-Mini as shown here: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=164376.0

Saturn94

Ngoliath

« Reply #28 on: 10 Jul 2019, 03:23 am »
Great job, I enjoyed the discussion. Looking forward to seeing more.

tomlinmgt

« Reply #29 on: 13 Jul 2019, 09:50 pm »
I just saw this first video and really enjoyed the discussion and topics, even if you maybe “switched gears” a few too many times.  I appreciate the easy going and laid back demeanor with slight Texan drawl...it’s like I’m having a conversation with a friend or neighbor since I was born and raised in North Texas...and appreciate that you lack much of the pretentiousness that I’ve found to be a little too frequent the audio hobby culture.  I spoke to you briefly at the last LSAF and one thing I noticed immediately was that I didn’t feel like I was talking with a jaded or self absorbed know-it-all. This is obviously just a component of your true character so it comes across genuinely in the video. It’s a breath of fresh air in the hifi hobby...for me, at least.

Michael

Danny Richie

« Reply #30 on: 13 Jul 2019, 10:14 pm »
I just saw this first video and really enjoyed the discussion and topics, even if you maybe “switched gears” a few too many times.  I appreciate the easy going and laid back demeanor with slight Texan drawl...it’s like I’m having a conversation with a friend or neighbor since I was born and raised in North Texas...and appreciate that you lack much of the pretentiousness that I’ve found to be a little too frequent the audio hobby culture.  I spoke to you briefly at the last LSAF and one thing I noticed immediately was that I didn’t feel like I was talking with a jaded or self absorbed know-it-all. This is obviously just a component of your true character so it comes across genuinely in the video. It’s a breath of fresh air in the hifi hobby...for me, at least.

Michael

I appreciate that.