The Stanley Cup !! 2018

stlrman

The Stanley Cup !! 2018
« on: 11 Apr 2018, 11:54 pm »
Here we go !!!!!!

Trying to hoist the cup 3 straight years !!!
3-0 Pens In game 1 vs. The Cryers

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: The Stanley Cup !! 2018
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2018, 01:00 pm »
It didn't get better for the Flyers, 7-0 drubbing by the two time champs.  The Flyers were happy to make the playoffs, the Pens are going for another cup.

smargo

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2018, 01:55 pm »
It didn't get better for the Flyers, 7-0 drubbing by the two time champs.  The Flyers were happy to make the playoffs, the Pens are going for another cup.

also the flyers main goaltender (elliott) is just average to above average - like so many flyers goaltenders before him - and they have a team that is more up and down than a yoyo - the coach hasnt made a difference at all to this team in almost 3 years.

everytime you turn around someone on the flyers is - the most improved - the leading assist maker - the best checker - the best defense man - the team with best faceoffs one - yet they were life and death - just to make the playoffs

fex02

« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2018, 01:56 pm »
go tampa !!

stlrman

« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2018, 12:39 am »
Flyers flying tonight , and Elliot looking so good .
Take a look at the vicious dirty hit Girough put on Letang . No penalty! I would still give him a game suspension , he left both feet off the ground to slam into his head. And it was blind because Letang did not think he would throw a backwards hit.
2-0 Flyers. Bounces going there way.  Playing stingy defense.

stlrman

« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2018, 11:08 pm »
Round three for Pens vs. Caps.
This series is always is close  and super exciting .
Oli vs. Sid , two of the top players in the world .

There’s nothing like playoff hockey!! :thumb:

Do you have a team still in the hunt?
How about Vegas? Wow !!

oskar

« Reply #6 on: 27 Apr 2018, 01:47 pm »
Vegas is blowing my mind. Undefeated and what a drubbing on the Sharks!
When will it end?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #7 on: 27 Apr 2018, 02:59 pm »
Vegas is blowing my mind. Undefeated and what a drubbing on the Sharks!
When will it end?
Vegas is simply AWESOME!  Plus, you get a show before the game.  Feeling sad about the Flyers, but oh well, there's always next year.  At least the made the playoffs!

syzygy

« Reply #8 on: 27 Apr 2018, 03:21 pm »
Sweet win for the Pens.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #9 on: 27 Apr 2018, 03:39 pm »
Sweet win for the Pens.
Yes, rooting from them now, vs Vegas in the west.  However, I don't think anyone can beat Vegas based on the games I've seen.  Maybe Nashville, but probably not.

mcgsxr

« Reply #10 on: 27 Apr 2018, 03:57 pm »
I want to see a series with Vegas vs the Jets.  Not just because Winnipeg is the last Cdn team, but because I think that will prove to be excellent hockey.

From the East, I am unclear anyone can challenge.  Maybe the Pens (again!)?

charmerci

« Reply #11 on: 12 May 2018, 01:43 am »
Well, the Pen fans are no longer commenting.

It looks like the Caps have shed their emotional baggage (also known as the Pens) and seem to be a pretty dominate team against the Lightning - so far - since the first game isn't over.

:popcorn:

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2018, 05:07 am »
I want to see a series with Vegas vs the Jets.  Not just because Winnipeg is the last Cdn team, but because I think that will prove to be excellent hockey.

You're getting your wish (in the West) !

Dave G

« Reply #13 on: 9 Jun 2018, 12:19 am »

Or maybe the Caps?

Dave G

« Reply #14 on: 9 Jun 2018, 12:24 am »
It looks like the Caps have shed their emotional baggage (also known as the Pens) and seem to be a pretty dominate team against the Lightning - so far - since the first game isn't over.

The Caps shed 44 freakin' years of emotional baggage!!  They closed out four straight series on the road -- and didn't choke on that 3-1 lead, like they've done way too many times in the past.  Great team.

BTW, I feel like the Caps sort of beat the Pens twice, once in the second round, and then against Fleury in the final.  He's always had their number in the past.

charmerci

« Reply #15 on: 9 Jun 2018, 12:56 am »
The Caps shed 44 freakin' years of emotional baggage!!  They closed out four straight series on the road -- and didn't choke on that 3-1 lead, like they've done way too many times in the past.  Great team.

I certainly enjoyed the finals! Kept thinking that they would lose through all the rounds 'cept the Final. Sweet.  :thumb:

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #16 on: 9 Jun 2018, 01:05 am »
Or maybe the Caps?
Yes, the Caps!  I'm kind of sad Vegas lost, but it was possibly the "best playoffs" ever!

charmerci

« Reply #17 on: 9 Jun 2018, 01:18 am »
Yes, the Caps!  I'm kind of sad Vegas lost, but it was possibly the "best playoffs" ever!

Also remember, the Caps were the underdogs against the Pens, the Bolts and the Knights when each of those series started!

apstoltz

« Reply #18 on: 9 Jun 2018, 01:33 am »
The capitals did not have the best of talent but were the most relentless and drive  throughout the playoffs to take the cup. I love the playoffs as the players are 110% from start to finish. I am going to miss watching hockey for a few months.

charmerci

« Reply #19 on: 9 Jun 2018, 01:46 am »
The capitals did not have the best of talent but were the most relentless and drive  throughout the playoffs to take the cup. I love the playoffs as the players are 110% from start to finish. I am going to miss watching hockey for a few months.

I've never seen a Stanley Cup before this one. They are so much more intense than the regular season. I may watch more of them in the future!