LeBron Going Home

LadyDog

LeBron Going Home
« on: 11 Jul 2014, 05:31 pm »
Thought there was a chance, but still a little surprised.  Not a huge fan per say, but certainly acknowledge his skill/gift.  He's made some mistakes, though haven't we all.  Good for him though.  Forgive, forget, and hopefully some closure for many.  While the Cavs are still in my teams East region, I actually hope he brings a champsionship to the town.  That may be his best legacy.

RDavidson

Re: LeBron Going Home
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2014, 06:51 pm »
That's pretty awesome. I'm not a Cavs fan, but I like Lebron and I think it's great he's taking his leadership and champion experience back to where he started. Lord knows Cleveland (the city) can always use a lift. :thumb:

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2014, 07:02 pm »
Pretty good week for us NE Ohioans.  We get a political convention in 2016, and get the Prodigal Son back.  A Kyrie Irving, Lebron James, Andrew Wiggins, Kevin Love combo could be quite interesting. 

If he brings a championship to town he will be sainted, made mayor and a 50 ft. statue to him will replace the Soldiers and Sailors Monument in public square.  This is one desperate city, with great fans and horrible results.

charmerci

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jul 2014, 08:01 pm »
Pretty good week for us NE Ohioans.  We get a political convention in 2016, and get the Prodigal Son back.  A Kyrie Irving, Lebron James, Andrew Wiggins, Kevin Love combo could be quite interesting. 

Wiggins would be part of the exchange if they get Love.

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jul 2014, 09:06 pm »
Nope...latest is Bennett and Deon (and 1st rnd 2015)

jackman

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2014, 10:16 pm »
Thought there was a chance, but still a little surprised.  Not a huge fan per say, but certainly acknowledge his skill/gift.  He's made some mistakes, though haven't we all.  Good for him though.  Forgive, forget, and hopefully some closure for many.  While the Cavs are still in my teams East region, I actually hope he brings a champsionship to the town.  That may be his best legacy.

It looks like LeBron learned from his mistake a few years ago.  His move and the way he handled it THIS TIME was very classy, and the Cavs are now on the map.  LeBron handled the communication of this latest move like a true superstar.  I'm happy for the long suffering Cleveland fans and wish the Cavs lots of luck.  The Cavaliers are historically a crap organization with a long history of bad decisions (except the drafting of LeBron which was dropped on their lap) but they now have a good young base, a good coach, and the best player on the planet (not to mention the possibility of Love coming to Cleveland!).  I hope they can do the Kevin Love deal, because the team would be fun to watch and I think they could contend for a title in the first year and for years to come.  Basketball just got more interesting for me!

Also, I am not a fan of Melo but he would look pretty good in a Bulls' uniform.  They have a great defense but D Rose's health and lack of offense has made the last couple seasons frustrating.  Melo would be a great fit if Rose stays healthy, which I think he will do because his second knee injury was relatively minor (same as Westbrook's last knee procedure). 

Lastly, there are rumors floating around Chicago that the Bulls are looking at D Wade??? :scratch:  IMO, he is a washed up, has-been, punk, who should stay with the Heat (a team that is going to be competing with the Milwaukee Bucks for worst team in the East).  I can't wait to see if the Heat can keep their fun, party atmosphere, with a team that is going to suck. Also, hope none of the Heat fans hurt their ankles jumping from the bandwagon.  :thumb:

roscoeiii

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jul 2014, 10:20 pm »

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jul 2014, 11:08 pm »
It literally made me sick to hear the Cavaliers owner say that letter was all a big mistake and LeBron saying he really wanted to always come back to Cleveland.  I don't care about the Heat or the Cavs, it's just the hypocrisy of it all that galls me.  Just say it's a business and we all want to make millions off of you chump fans and we don't care what crap we have to say or do to get your money.  LeBron of course can sell his services to the highest bidder or whatever, just don't try to sell me a load of horse hooey along with it.

I hear Miami fans have blacked out his face on the huge mural of the big three.  Where's the love people?   :lol:

dB Cooper

RDavidson

« Reply #9 on: 12 Jul 2014, 02:33 am »
I really don't understand all the time and energy wasted in the news about a guy deciding to switch employers. Funny how simple it really is when you strip away ALL the BS and overly analytical and intentionally negative garbage. It does keep food on the writers tables, though, I guess.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jul 2014, 03:36 am »

I can't wait.  :duh:
« Last Edit: 1 Aug 2014, 02:26 am by JerryM »

Woodsea

« Reply #11 on: 12 Jul 2014, 04:33 am »
He got his rings and he is coming home.  What the hell?  We are all human, all it's frailties come with the package.  We are driven by lust, power and money.  Love brings us about, he is coming home.  For sanity's sake, it's only sport, not world peace nor even genocide...he is overpaid, over hated, and a human.
It would be nice if they win a ring in two years, then we can put to rest the Michael vs James arguments.  Personally I am old so Michael is my fave, he beat my Sonics!

geowak

« Reply #12 on: 12 Jul 2014, 12:48 pm »
He got his rings and he is coming home.  What the hell?  We are all human, all it's frailties come with the package.  We are driven by lust, power and money.  Love brings us about, he is coming home.  For sanity's sake, it's only sport, not world peace nor even genocide...he is overpaid, over hated, and a human.
It would be nice if they win a ring in two years, then we can put to rest the Michael vs James arguments.  Personally I am old so Michael is my fave, he beat my Sonics!

I think I agree with you. I have often said, being from Akron where Lebron is from, if he wants to be remembered as a GREAT player of the game to have his name in a legendary category, he should return to Cleveland and lead that team to a championship. As was stated before, they will make a statue of him in the City and he will break the curse of Rocky Colavito, (which many of those native to Cleveland have applied to ALL pro sports teams in the city).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_Rocky_Colavito

I, for one, think that many, many pro sports athletes are over paid, whiny babies (see pics above). But (Americans) have created that cult phenomena. I have not been to the Indians, the Browns or the Cavs games, nor do I watch them on TV.  Too rich for my blood and just stupid. I watch little league games where the kids play for fun and later... with heart.

FireGuy

« Reply #13 on: 12 Jul 2014, 01:05 pm »
ESPN has turned into the King James Network.  Sorry....I'm very tired of it all.

a.wayne

« Reply #14 on: 12 Jul 2014, 01:50 pm »
It looks like LeBron learned from his mistake a few years ago.  His move and the way he handled it THIS TIME was very classy, and the Cavs are now on the map.  LeBron handled the communication of this latest move like a true superstar.  I'm happy for the long suffering Cleveland fans and wish the Cavs lots of luck.  The Cavaliers are historically a crap organization with a long history of bad decisions (except the drafting of LeBron which was dropped on their lap) but they now have a good young base, a good coach, and the best player on the planet (not to mention the possibility of Love coming to Cleveland!).  I hope they can do the Kevin Love deal, because the team would be fun to watch and I think they could contend for a title in the first year and for years to come.  Basketball just got more interesting for me!

Also, I am not a fan of Melo but he would look pretty good in a Bulls' uniform.  They have a great defense but D Rose's health and lack of offense has made the last couple seasons frustrating.  Melo would be a great fit if Rose stays healthy, which I think he will do because his second knee injury was relatively minor (same as Westbrook's last knee procedure). 

Lastly, there are rumors floating around Chicago that the Bulls are looking at D Wade??? :scratch:  IMO, he is a washed up, has-been, punk, who should stay with the Heat (a team that is going to be competing with the Milwaukee Bucks for worst team in the East).  I can't wait to see if the Heat can keep their fun, party atmosphere, with a team that is going to suck. Also, hope none of the Heat fans hurt their ankles jumping from the bandwagon.  :thumb:

Say what .... ! :)

There was nothing classy about his exit and very telling about who LeBum really is,  so no ankle hurt here , he came in with nothing and left with 2 rings, i predict he will not see any such success with the Cav's and for all of his talents, he's a pretty shallow man....

Cant wait to see how he handles losing again with the Cav's......

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jul 2014, 04:37 pm »
Cleveland?? I thought he was from France.

jackman

« Reply #16 on: 12 Jul 2014, 06:30 pm »

There was nothing classy about his exit and very telling about who LeBum really is,  so no ankle hurt here , he came in with nothing and left with 2 rings, i predict he will not see any such success with the Cav's and for all of his talents, he's a pretty shallow man....

LeBum?  Sounds like sour grapes to me. He gave Miami two rings and I hope Heat fans have long memories because those are the last two rings you may see this century.  Riley signed Bosch to a max deal?  Chris Bosch?  I think Pat may be going senile. That team is going to be painful to watch with the geriatric D Wade sucking up huge salary cap space and disappearing during the playoffs.

Lebon did the right thing, handled his departure with class and no drama, unlike when he left to join Miami. At least he didn't public ally humiliate the Heat by making the process into a reality show. Basketball has become more interesting for everyone outside of Miami. I look forward to the bandwagon jumping heat fans to show their true colors when their team tanks.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #17 on: 12 Jul 2014, 07:04 pm »

LeBum??

Shallow??

Let's see...

Maybe you mean LeBron is shallow because he grew up in Akron in an environment where he could have easily taken the other road to a life of petty crime.  Hmmmmmmmm

Oh wait...

Maybe you mean the LeBron that was never in trouble and led an Akron high school team to 3 out of 4 state championships and made his city proud.  Hmmmmmmmm

Oh wait...

Maybe you mean the LeBron who was always courteous to everyone including the press, fans, etc.  Who always said the right thing. Hmmmmmm

Oh wait...

Maybe you mean the LeBron who carried the Cavs on his back for 7 years and took them to the NBA finals where they had no business being.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh wait...

Maybe you mean the LeBron who has and continually gives back to the boys and girls of the city of Akron through his foundation.  He is responsible for computers in inner city schools, making sure underprivledged kids have bikes, etc.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh wait...

Maybe you mean the LeBron who has NEVER been in trouble with the law, fathered children with multiple partners, killed people outside a nightclub, etc, etc, etc....  Hmmmmmmmmmmm

The ONLY thing LeBron did that was not right was how he left Cleveland for Miami.  Yes it was vain, selfish, self-centered, etc.  However, he was a 24 year old being advised by other 24 year olds.  He certainly handled this time around with incredible class.  Hmmmmmmmmm

Oh wait...

The only shallow thing is a post on this very thread....  Hmmmmmmmm

Regards,

Randy

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #18 on: 12 Jul 2014, 08:21 pm »
The points are well taken, then the post is ruined by a personal attack.  Maybe a lesson learned from a superstar is in order?

For myself I don't begrudge LeBron his business choices, just that it's presented as anything but self serving.  He has a right to serve his own interests as he sees fit, just don't pretend that the public is stupid.  We all know why you're making this choice and it's not for the fans in Cleveland.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #19 on: 12 Jul 2014, 10:38 pm »
I apologize if you think I made a personal attack on a fellow AC member.

However, I guess it is ok to make multiple personal attacks on another human being just because he is a celebrety?

Don't get me wrong... my own wife can't stand LeBron James :lol:  We have very spirited discussions.

Regards,

Randy