Getting to be time for some Football?

jimdgoulding

Re: Getting to be time for some Football?
« Reply #80 on: 18 Sep 2012, 01:13 am »
no worse than 'Iggle' fans hate Jan !!
Nice game this last one.

twitch54

« Reply #81 on: 18 Sep 2012, 01:13 am »
3 INT's in the first qtr  !! ........the 'ole man looks OLD ! .......maybe his great mind is slipping as well, 2 of the three were over the middle

cab

« Reply #82 on: 18 Sep 2012, 01:15 am »
Not much on any of his throws....

twitch54

« Reply #83 on: 18 Sep 2012, 01:17 am »
Nice game this last one.

Jim, not sure what that has to do with what you quoted of me ???? but if the Eagles continue to win then yes they will have a chance to redeem themselves come Jan.

rodge827

« Reply #84 on: 18 Sep 2012, 01:21 am »
no worse than 'Iggle' fans hate Jan !!

True! :(

We hapless Iggle fans hang on year after hyped up year hoping to win a Super Bowl like that other team in PA does.

For now I choose to be happy at 2-0. :D

If our offensive line doesn't get healthy quick, Vick will be joining them.  :duh: 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #85 on: 18 Sep 2012, 01:38 am »
Jim, not sure what that has to do with what you quoted of me ???? but if the Eagles continue to win then yes they will have a chance to redeem themselves come Jan.
Oh, yeah, Twitch, I took you for an Eagles fan from your post.  I'm happy for them, too, but Dallas remains my fav in that conference.  Out of habit, I suppose, cause they sure can piss me off.  And, I do not like their owner.  His investment in their defensive backfield didn't pay off very well except against Manning last week (bigtime), but I think it very well may. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #86 on: 19 Sep 2012, 07:42 pm »
On the ESPN Skip Bayless and company show, it was revealed this morning that Jerry Jones was unhappy with his COACH.  Nothing like overt differences to create low morale.  Anyone know any more about this riff?

jackman

« Reply #87 on: 19 Sep 2012, 09:46 pm »
I thought Jones WAS the coach!  Unofficially of course...

He should be more angry at the guy who sold him that road kill he wears on his head.  What is that, a dead  possum?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #88 on: 22 Sep 2012, 10:49 pm »
Ouuu, Houston and Denver Sunday night.  Houston's defense will try, at least, to make Manning nervous all night.  We'll be seeing what Denver's O coordinator can do about that.  Interesting, but I have to like Houston.   

jackman

« Reply #89 on: 23 Sep 2012, 01:54 am »
I picked Houston but this year has been crazy so far.  Manning had a rough start but almost pulled that last game together. Who knows what will happen this time.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #90 on: 24 Sep 2012, 04:38 am »
Now that Sunday Night game was a GAME!  I had to switch over to Boardwalk Empire so I missed the end but got back in time for the follow-up.  San Francisco lost a little lustre.  Suits me.  Texans looked good.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #91 on: 24 Sep 2012, 04:58 am »
3 overtime games this Sunday.  :o  I wonder what the record is for overtime games on a single Sunday?

3 must be this weekends number,, week 3 and there's only 3 remaining undefeated teams(and Dallas ain't one of them).  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

twitch54

« Reply #92 on: 24 Sep 2012, 04:48 pm »

For now I choose to be happy at 2-0.

I think you should be real happy @ 2-1, for the way their playing they could easily be 0-3 !

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #93 on: 25 Sep 2012, 03:52 am »
Wow!!!

Seattle/Packers

I have never seen anything like these games/refs.
They just keep topping themselves, the refs are the show...just Wow!!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #94 on: 25 Sep 2012, 04:05 am »
Both an offensive pass interference and defensive pass interception, missed at the same time. A Monday Night football black eye for the NFL.  :thumbdown:

Cheers,
Robin

cab

« Reply #95 on: 25 Sep 2012, 04:11 am »
Wow, did the Packers get hosed....Unreal....

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #96 on: 25 Sep 2012, 04:47 am »
OK...whose the wise guy that threw the hat... :duh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCJLivtt9MQ

During today’s showdown between the Dallas Cowboys and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, we saw a sequence that pretty much encapsulates the performance of replacement refs thus. What happened? Well, with three minutes remaining in the first half, one of the refs did the right thing in the wrong way and nearly injured Kevin Ogletree. (He didn’t, though.)

jackman

« Reply #97 on: 25 Sep 2012, 06:52 am »
As a Bears fan I should be happy to see the Packers lose but that was painful to watch. One of the worst calls I have ever seen. Enough is enough.  Get the real officials back and stop this nonsense.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #98 on: 25 Sep 2012, 09:33 am »
Honestly the NFL looks more like the WWF every week.  This time the temps decided the game on the defensive interference call and the posession call in the end zone, both in the last drive.  I'm boycotting the league until the REAL refs are back and suggest everyone else does too.   :x  :x  :x

Just to clarify I like the Packers, but am a bigger fan of the game.  Go college football!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #99 on: 25 Sep 2012, 01:25 pm »
It's the NFL's fault.  Time to get the real ref's back.  Past time.  In spite of THE call, I am impressed with Seattle's defense.  Talk about hustle.  Wow!