Poll

Did you buy something you saw/heard at RMAF 2009?

Yes
6 (24%)
No
2 (8%)
Sadly, I did not go
17 (68%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Did you buy something you saw/heard at RMAF?

capwkidd

Did you buy something you saw/heard at RMAF?
« on: 17 Oct 2009, 03:15 pm »
Looks like I am buying some speakers because I went to this show, so I am curious to see how many others are making purchases because of their attendance to the show....

Wayner

Re: Did you buy something you saw/heard at RMAF?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2009, 03:19 pm »
I bought 8 LPs from the vendor in the lobby.

Wayner  :D

vinyl_lady

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2009, 12:43 am »
I bought 11 LPs, a record clamp for my VPI 17 RCM from TTWeights and a carbon fiber CD mat, also from TTWeights. I am in the market for a new cartridge, and listened to several at the show, but still looking, listening and researching.

My big RMAF purchase was in 2006 when I bought the Daedalus DA-1 demos from Lou Hinkley. After hearing the upgraded DA-1.1s in 2007, I ordered a pair of DA-1.1s and sold my DA-1s. RMAF can get expensive.  :xmas: in October.

Laura

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2009, 01:24 am »
I purchased in-ear monitors from Jerry Harvey.

capwkidd

« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2009, 02:29 am »

Which model? I am afraid I will probably end up with his $1k model.... sigh.... I find that I do not like the "sound coming from the right and left of your head" effect that head phones have, but in ear monitors, well, stick the sound in your head.... I prefer that.... only problem, I could never use them for walking, I would probably walk in front of a fire engine :)

Pez

« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2009, 03:23 am »
Everything I wanted was way too pricey. Like most I bought some music. That's not to say I am not going to buy something as a direct result of RMAF. aa

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2009, 01:21 pm »

Which model? I am afraid I will probably end up with his $1k model.... sigh.... I find that I do not like the "sound coming from the right and left of your head" effect that head phones have, but in ear monitors, well, stick the sound in your head.... I prefer that.... only problem, I could never use them for walking, I would probably walk in front of a fire engine :)

I sprung for the JH13.  They offered $100 off plus a free ear mold.  I couldn't pass it up.

chosenhandle

« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2009, 01:25 pm »
I sprung for the Audio Desk Systeme ultrasonic Vinyl Cleaner. Was not planning on buying anything at all cause I am very happy with my current system, but after 3 days of studying that thing, I took the plunge.

Glad I did, I am loving that gizmo. Even my wife thinks it is a great product (Of course, the alternative is me taking over the kitchen table for hours at a time with the VPI).

david12

« Reply #8 on: 20 Oct 2009, 04:09 pm »
I bought some software of course and have a pair of Daedalus Da-Rama's, being made as I write, can't wait to get them