TuneIn made update - some radio channels dont play anymore

ThomasDK

Hi when I will play my favorite Danish radio stations on my pc via TuneIn, there is no sound and a pop up message says" Due to a recent update your browser no longer support this station. Click on icon to listen with our new TuneIn popout player". That new popout player also does not work on my pc.

Stations with no sound: DR P3 - DR P4 - DR P6 - DR P8.

When streaming the same radio stations via TuneIn on Omnia app there also is no sound.

When streaming the same radio stations from a Hifi Rose RS520 there is sound on these channels, but I can see the signal has changed after the update from "mp3 16 bits 48kHz 320kbps, to mp3 16 bits 32 Khz 96 kbps".

Can you make the Omnia app able to play these stations again on TuneIn?

Thank You

veloceleste

Re: TuneIn made update - some radio channels dont play anymore
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2024, 12:26 pm »
Try this site for radio from around the world. Find your country on the globe and explore. Not every station is available. I don’t know the streaming rates. I hope this helps.
http://radio.garden/browse

ThomasDK

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2024, 05:51 pm »
Thanks for your input.

But I do not use pc for music, that was only for info from popup message.

I get sound from HEOS app by Marantz and Hifi Rose app, but not from Omnia app... ( Stream 9 )??
In the HEOS app I can choose from 96 or 192 kbps streams - Omnia has no options.

Thnak You

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2024, 04:04 pm »
That's the problem with TuneIn, out of our "hands".  Since you are listening to radio stations, using Bluetooth should be good enough to transfer from your mobile phone to the streamer.

ThomasDK

« Reply #4 on: 3 Feb 2024, 04:32 am »
I do not use my phone for anything else than telephone, so that is not an option.
And I am far from the only person with that "Old School" approach.

I am in a situation where I will choose between Evo DAC-2 + Stream9 vs Hifi Rose RS 520 used as a streaming DAC only, into my integrated tube amp.

The Nuprime pair has the best sound, but what does that matter when the streamer does not do its job.

Other products can stream from TuneIn with no issues, so I would have expected that Nuprime at least tried to solve this software issue, but no.

As I could consider to live without these 3-4 radio channels, the approach to this software situation, does not ensure for the future of Nuprime streaming products in generel.
Maybe next time all radio channels are gone - and your answer would be the same, use your phone...

Priorities from Nuprime... fair enough - But why make a streamer in the first place, if you are not going to support the software after the production/sale ??

Then the Evo DAC-2 and Stream 9 goes back to dealer, as all 3 products are on demo in my home, although I would have preferred to keep the Nuprimes.

The main thing in a streamer is that the software is working, and that the company behind it, has a softwareteam/person to handle issues as they occurs down the road after purchase.

Just my thoughts

Thank You

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 7 Feb 2024, 06:08 pm »
Other products can stream from TuneIn with no issues, so I would have expected that Nuprime at least tried to solve this software issue, but no.

We depend on 3rd party streaming module supplier for the app.  Instead of struggling with streaming services app, why not just use a mini computer (Mac Mini, mini PC etc) with USB audio?  There are all sorts of remote control app on iOS and Android for PC.

Fenek

« Reply #6 on: 9 Feb 2024, 02:50 pm »
Try out other apps like radioupnp or bubbleupnp. You can give the url from every Radio station of the world to this apps and they will play it to every dlna renderer like the nuprimes are.