Any Chord Owners?

Freo-1

Any Chord Owners?
« on: 20 Oct 2023, 06:45 pm »
How many of the Headphone crowd own Chord DAC/Headphone setups?  The Chord DACs are all the rage on Head-Fi, and I can understand why. 

Been using a Chord TT with a pair of Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas headphones, and the sound from this combination is very good.  It strikes the right balance between musicality, detail, phase timing, pace, presence, etc.  The overall balance is amazing.  One of the few headphone setups that does not seem to need EQ to sound natural.

The Chord TT seems to be the sweet spot in the Chord line where the combination of current price vs. performance is hard to beat.

Chord owners?  Tell your story.

jjss49

Re: Any Chord Owners?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2023, 07:42 pm »
My Hugo TT2 is simply terrific.

Pez

« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2023, 12:51 am »
Curious if Chord TT/2 users are using the internal HP amp? I’m surprised that Chord isn’t using a balanced output for their amp section. Seems like a lost opportunity.  :scratch:

Freo-1

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2023, 01:14 am »
Curious if Chord TT/2 users are using the internal HP amp? I’m surprised that Chord isn’t using a balanced output for their amp section. Seems like a lost opportunity.  :scratch:

Rob Watts explained in Head-Fi why the HP is single ended.  The explanation involves the fact that balanced has double the circuitry, so the single ended option was more than adequate for HP use.

I've had both the TT and TT2, and both sound excellent with the HP amp.  The TT2 is more detailed, but the TT has a special balance and smoothness to the sound that is very alluring.