For me, this is the most exciting F1 season ever!

GT Audio Works

Re: For me, this is the most exciting F1 season ever!
« Reply #60 on: 21 Nov 2012, 02:46 am »
Fair is always open to interpretation. The FIA writes rules and the competitors make strategic, or emotional decisions whether to follow them.

Yes there is a rule against causing an accident. This year it gets you a drive through penalty.  Do you think Senna was worried about a drive through penalty when he exacted revenge against Prost in Suzuka?
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/10/21/20-years-since-senna-took-out-prost-at-suzuka-1990-japanese-gp-flashback/
People say it did damage to the sport. But now it is worshiped in F1 lore as a heroic act.

Deliberate crashing to win a championship has happened many times. When you look at history the consensus is that it pays off. It is an on track fight. People want to see passion. Rubbin is racin'. ;)  It's entertainment.

I get upset when things go against my hopes. But I don't flip my lid, it's just a TV show.
Contrary to what all the press and videos say..I do not believe Senna hit Prost during Suzuka 1990.
Was he looking for revenge ..yes..was it a game of chicken an no one flinched..i think so.
Yes Senna was a very aggressive driver and yes he was pissed off having the pole slot moved to the dirty side of the track.
But Senna got his nose inside the racing line first and the professor hit him.
Prost was the golden boy and had his lips firmly planted on Balestre's derrierre...and could do no wrong..why do you think they moved the pole slot to the other side of the starting grid ???Senna was not in their mutual admiration society.
 same deal the previous year at suzuka going into the chicane Senna aggressively got his nose in there first and prost refused to yield ...2 very strong wills...bang out they both go but senna gets pushed and started and continues thru the run off to win the race..while the sniveling professor Prost runs to Balestre to cry foul..As they say might makes right and senna finds himself fined and suspended and his win taken away.. not for the crash ..but continuing thru the run off.  Racers had used that run off countless times without even a wrist slap but Senna did it and found himself on the outside looking in.  There is no fair or unfair in life only life.

richidoo

« Reply #61 on: 21 Nov 2012, 02:53 am »
...and truth be known...I'm not a Fiat fan but I'm pulling for Alonso to take the title and/or Kimi to take the race...

+1    :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #62 on: 21 Nov 2012, 03:02 am »
+1    :thumb:
    -1      :thumbdown:

Vettel/Red Bull domination for both the win and the Championship to go with last weeks Manufacturing Championship. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

richidoo

« Reply #63 on: 21 Nov 2012, 03:04 am »
Unfortunately, you are probably right Robin... But I stick by my man!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #64 on: 21 Nov 2012, 03:19 am »
Unfortunately, you are probably right Robin... But I stick by my man!

Thatta boy!  :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #65 on: 21 Nov 2012, 03:40 am »
Contrary to what all the press and videos say..I do not believe Senna hit Prost during Suzuka 1990.
Was he looking for revenge ..yes..was it a game of chicken an no one flinched..i think so.
Yes Senna was a very aggressive driver and yes he was pissed off having the pole slot moved to the dirty side of the track.
But Senna got his nose inside the racing line first and the professor hit him.
Prost was the golden boy and had his lips firmly planted on Balestre's derrierre...and could do no wrong..why do you think they moved the pole slot to the other side of the starting grid ???Senna was not in their mutual admiration society.
 same deal the previous year at suzuka going into the chicane Senna aggressively got his nose in there first and prost refused to yield ...2 very strong wills...bang out they both go but senna gets pushed and started and continues thru the run off to win the race..while the sniveling professor Prost runs to Balestre to cry foul..As they say might makes right and senna finds himself fined and suspended and his win taken away.. not for the crash ..but continuing thru the run off.  Racers had used that run off countless times without even a wrist slap but Senna did it and found himself on the outside looking in.  There is no fair or unfair in life only life.
In 1989 Prost do it,(as can be see in this short video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N__lw3LRoWg
He let Senna enter the curve on the inside and closed the Senna car, to get him out of the race and win the championship, to win that championship Senna needed win that GP.

On the next year(1990) the situation reverse(Prost needed to win the race) Senna told Dennis(they do not speak each other) and to the Brazilian press if Prost try do it again he would no withdraw, and he do...

1990 GP, Note Prost is on Ferrari Team and close the door again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foiswIS44AM

GT Audio Works

« Reply #66 on: 21 Nov 2012, 12:47 pm »
In 1989 Prost do it,(as can be see in this short video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N__lw3LRoWg
He let Senna enter the curve on the inside and closed the Senna car, to get him out of the race and win the championship, to win that championship Senna needed win that GP.

On the next year(1990) the situation reverse(Prost needed to win the race) Senna told Dennis(they do not speak each other) and to the Brazilian press if Prost try do it again he would no withdraw, and he do...

1990 GP, Note Prost is on Ferrari Team and close the door again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foiswIS44AM
Thanks for finding the nice video footage of the incidents...However it went down in the end the 2 had a stormy relationship. I think Prost was quite full of himself but had a polished personality that he showed the world to benefit himself. Senna was a different kinda guy 100% racer all the time. He wasn't a politician..When he got in that car he meant business  like him or not. Outside the car you can see in the various video footage he  was genuine,,no veneer to show the world. Sid Watkins the F1 doctor and friend of Senna knew him well and said whenever he saw him at a race Senna would light up with a smile from across the paddock.
 His last moments before the 1994 race show he knew something was wrong and had not been happy with the car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnGk19zVVRY

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #67 on: 21 Nov 2012, 01:40 pm »
Thanks for finding the nice video footage of the incidents...However it went down in the end the 2 had a stormy relationship. I think Prost was quite full of himself but had a polished personality that he showed the world to benefit himself. Senna was a different kinda guy 100% racer all the time. He wasn't a politician..When he got in that car he meant business  like him or not. Outside the car you can see in the various video footage he  was genuine,,no veneer to show the world. Sid Watkins the F1 doctor and friend of Senna knew him well and said whenever he saw him at a race Senna would light up with a smile from across the paddock.
 His last moments before the 1994 race show he knew something was wrong and had not been happy with the car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnGk19zVVRY
Yes, that steering wheel bar solder were a very poor job, a unbelieve fail service. :duh:

blutto

« Reply #68 on: 21 Nov 2012, 04:47 pm »
... some interesting tech info about stuff that may play a part in the upcoming grand finale....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20391729

Cheers

blutto

richidoo

« Reply #69 on: 21 Nov 2012, 04:56 pm »
That's a great article blutto, thanks!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #70 on: 21 Nov 2012, 10:06 pm »
Also from BBC: sport journalists elected the 20 best drivers of all times:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20324109

A beautiful tribute from BBC on the day of his death.
Thanks BBC guys.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #71 on: 25 Nov 2012, 12:27 am »
GP Brazil starting grid:
 1 - Lewis Hamilton (ENG/McLaren-Mercedes) - 1m12s458
 2 - Jenson Button (ENG/McLaren-Mercedes) - 1m12s513
 3 - Mark Webber (AUS/RBR-Renault) - 1m12s581
 4 - Sebastian Vettel (GER/RBR-Renault) - 1m12s760
 5 - Felipe Massa (BRA/Ferrari) - 1m12s987
 6 - Nico Hulkenberg (GER/Force India-Mercedes) - 1m13s206
 7 - Fernando Alonso (SPA/Ferrari) - 1m13s253
 8 - Kimi Raikkonen (FIN/Lotus-Renault) - 1m13s298
 9 - Nico Rosberg (GER/Mercedes) - 1m13s489

Eliminated on Q2:
10 - Paul di Resta (SCO/Force India-Mercedes) - 1m14s121
11 - Bruno Senna (BRA/Williams-Renault) - 1m14s219
12 - Sergio Perez (MEX/Sauber-Ferrari) - 1m14s234
 13 - Michael Schumacher (GER/Mercedes) - 1m14s334
 14 - Kamui Kobayashi (JAP/Sauber-Ferrari) - 1m14s380
 15 - Daniel Ricciardo (AUS/STR-Ferrari) - 1m14s574
 16 - Pastor Maldonado (VEN/Williams-Renault) - 1m13s174 (lost 10 positions)
 17 - Jean-Eric Vergne (FRA/STR-Ferrari) - 1m14s619

Eliminated on Q1:
 18 - Romain Grosjean (FRA/Lotus-Renault) - 1m16s967
 19 - Vitaly Petrov (RUS/Caterham-Renault) - 1m17s073
 20 - Heikki Kovalainen (FIN/Caterham-Renault) - 1m17s086
 21 - Timo Glock (GER/Marussia-Cosworth) - 1m17s508
 22 - Charles Pic (FRA/Marussia-Cosworth) - 1m18s104
 23 - Narain Karthikeyan (IND/HRT-Cosworth) - 1m19s576
 24 - Pedro de la Rosa (SPA/HRT-Cosworth) - 1m19s699

* Maldonado gave his 7ºth position to Alonso, losting 10 position for not drive the car to the FIA box to weight check.

- Wheather forecast are 90% chance to rain(20mm).

Crimson

« Reply #72 on: 29 Nov 2012, 11:54 pm »
The silence is deafening.

WHAT UP, F1 FANS?

Great race in Brazil. Unfortunately, Vettel won the WDC.  :icon_twisted:

My boy Alonso put in a valiant effort, and is clearly the superior pilot on the grid. Maybe next year. Speaking of next year, I thoroughly enjoyed the race at COTA, and purchased  a 14 year seat license at turn 1 (I may not live that long, but hey, you only live once). I'll also be at Montreal, as well as a planned trip for the race at my favorite circuit, Spa. If anyone wants to hook up at these three races, let me know. Plenty of time.

Forza Ferrari!

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #73 on: 30 Nov 2012, 12:19 am »
I've always loved F1, but Brazil was the only race I got to watch this year.  The wet conditions really tested the drivers' skills...I thoroughly enjoyed the race.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #74 on: 30 Nov 2012, 12:36 am »
Agreed, Crimson. A fantastic season, showing more parity than has been evident for a long time. The big boys still have the edge, but money will do that. The finale was great. Thrills, chills, spills, good racing pretty much throughout the field. A shame about the incident with Hulkenburg & Hamilton. With the conditions, and the downshift issue 'the Hulk' had noted earlier, probably wasn't the best move on his part, but as the Speed team noted was simply a racing thing. Not sure the drive thru was warranted, but Nico drove a heck of a race.

As did Massa & Alonso (& Button). A shame it took Fillipe so long to get back on track with his driving after the accident, though it's to his credit that he was able to come back at all. Hopefully he'll give Fernando a run for his money next year and team orders will be 'may the best man win'. I don't think another mediocre season will get him a contract next time. No argument that as Hobbs said Alonso dragged that Ferrari to the front by the scruff of it's neck time & time again to be in the running. Would have been nice to see him pull it out.

As soon as I'm a little more retired, or win the lottery I'll be glad to join you for some of those races Crimson. I'd like to add the Nurburgring to the list. The only one I've made was the Long Beach in '83 I think it was. Not the best street venue, but what an experience. Eddie Cheever was the hoped for successor to Mario & Phil for an American driver at that time. Of course that didn't quite work out, but one of these days ........

GT Audio Works

« Reply #75 on: 30 Nov 2012, 12:31 pm »
Rules change for 2013    http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2009/06/18/09/51/pic-24640.jpeg
you get to choose the color !!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #76 on: 3 Dec 2012, 04:03 pm »
FIA informed pilots list and his new numbers:
#1: Sebastian Vettel (GER), Red Bull
#2: Mark Webber (AUS), Red Bull
#3: Fernando Alonso (SPA), Ferrari
#4: Felipe Massa (BRA), Ferrari
#5: Jenson Button (ENG), McLaren
#6: Sergio Pérez (MEX), McLaren
#7: Kimi Raikkonen (FIN), Lotus
#8: Lotus Pilot
#9: Nico Rosberg (GER), Mercedes
#10: Lewis Hamilton (ENG), Mercedes
#11 and #12: Sauber Pilots
#14 and #15: Force India Pilots
#16: Pastor Maldonado (VEN), Williams
#17: Valtteri Bottas (FIN), Williams
#18 and #19: Toro Rosso Pilots
#20 and #21: Caterham Pilots
#22 and #23: Marussia Pilots

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer