Any experience with the new PS Audio Power Plant 20?

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
I'm fantasizing about replacing my Balanced Power Technology Ultra-3.5/6 balanced-power power conditioner with one.  Sure is heavy...and expensive.

https://www.psaudio.com/products/directstream-power-plant-20/

JakeJ

Re: An experience with the new PS Audio Power Plant 20?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2018, 09:57 pm »
It's a beauty!  Please send me a PM if you do, I'd like to be considered for your BPT Ultra when you decide to sell it.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  I have no experience with any PS Audio products.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Re: Any experience with the new PS Audio Power Plant 20?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2018, 10:28 pm »
For a passive I would love to own a AQ Niagara 7000. for the regenerator type, the PS Audio P20 sure would be the choice.

richidoo

« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2018, 11:29 pm »
I heard P15 a couple times this past year in my system. I thought I had decent mains power quality, but it was actually 4% THD with typical peak clipping. I've tried Equitech balanced and lots of passive filters over the years with either negative results or barely noticeable. I liked the equitech on my tube amps which benefited from the equitech's huge magnetic reservoir, but SS amps with relatively large transformers didn't noticeably benefit. But the P15 was a game changer, obvious and significant improvements on the amps and DACs.

I can't imagine how anyone would need the P20, as the P15 is a 90 pound monster to move. I'm thinking about the P12, it's more than enough for me.   
I think you'll like it!
Rich

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2018, 12:48 am »
I heard P15 a couple times this past year in my system.
I can't imagine how anyone would need the P20, as the P15 is a 90 pound monster to move.
I think you'll like it!
Rich

Well, I have two monoamps, two 7-channel amps, and FOUR Rythmik subwoofers, plus plenty of frontend equipment to keep powered, so I imagine I'll keep it busy.   :)

richidoo

« Reply #5 on: 16 Dec 2018, 05:05 am »
Well, I have two monoamps, two 7-channel amps, and FOUR Rythmik subwoofers, plus plenty of frontend equipment to keep powered, so I imagine I'll keep it busy.   :)

Yeah I think SO!!  :thumb:

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: 16 Dec 2018, 11:16 pm »
A couple weeks ago most (or perhaps everything) things on their website were listed at about 40% off.  I'm sure that was tough for dealers, but should be a guide to what one may actually cost.

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2018, 12:27 am »
A couple weeks ago most (or perhaps everything) things on their website were listed at about 40% off.  I'm sure that was tough for dealers, but should be a guide to what one may actually cost.

When the RR goes down, so does dealer cost.  If you're interested in a Memory Player or Direct Stream DAC, e-mail me... jeffreybehr(at)cox(dot)net ...and I'll put you in contact with a dealer who will deal.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #8 on: 17 Dec 2018, 01:59 am »
I have a P10, and prior to that I had a BPT 2.5 Ultra.  IMO the P10 is biggest improvement I've made in years to my system. 

jeffreybehr

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 17 Dec 2018, 07:12 am »
I have a P10, and prior to that I had a BPT 2.5 Ultra.  IMO the P10 is biggest improvement I've made in years to my system.

TYMV, Tyson.

toocool4

« Reply #10 on: 17 Dec 2018, 10:56 am »
IMO the P10 is biggest improvement I've made in years to my system.

I 100% agree with you, I think any regenerator is going to be much better then straight mains from the wall depending on how bad the mains out of the wall is.
I use a regenerator in my system and no way would I be without one now.