tweaked and moded pioneer sx180

audiochef

« on: 12 Mar 2005, 09:10 am »
this is nothing to snicker at. st got rid of clips fr opre and power, nothing but junk especially poor tin connectors. hardwired it- 10% improvementright off he bat.WBT bindingpost, anther uprade still..Hardwired wiredered aLL the the ired

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2005, 02:15 pm »
Dude,  when you come off your buzz would you mind reposting in English?  :lol: (you can blame it on low batteries for a wireless keyboard if you want 8)  )

Starting with the model # is that a 1080?

Those are nice receivers....

Thanks for the heads up on modding them....might have to try something like that on my similarly aged Onkyo's...

audiochef

Sx1080
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2005, 06:55 pm »
Marbles,

guilty as stated.

1080 was fortified with internal wiring ala VMPS mid wire. From amp to cheapo speaker push teminals were about 22 gauge. Got rid of push terminals, replaced Mid line WBTshielded terminals ,night and day.

Added Laclancia coupling capactors from Reference audio mods. Same caps in my Aragon. Superb

Hope no one coppies me for I like to keep mine unique

Got rid of those silly pre- amp clips. made my own jumpers, helped a little bit, but not as much as elimanating them altogether .

This made for at least a10% improvement. Oh and tuner is now outstanding. This really is a great receiver. Just needs to be modernized

Oh, and I'm using a Trichord Dino. I,d put it up against any sub $3000 integrated. Admidedly I listen to this more than my 40 system
Stan, thank you