New dspNexus webpage is online

HAL

New dspNexus webpage is online
« on: 29 Jan 2021, 11:45 am »
Here is more info on the Danville Signal Processing dspNexus 2xN system for audio.  A very versatile audio DSP processing system with excellent sound quality. 

I am using the prototype dspNexus system now with both the AKM AK4493 and AK4499 DAC boards in the 2x8 configuration and both DACs sound very good indeed.  The AKM AK5397 ADC is great for analog sources or for recording things like LP transcription.  Full control over the unit is from the front panel with remote control.

And yes, Danville has stock of the AKM parts to build the units.

https://danvillesignal.com/dspnexus-dsp-audio-processor

hum4god

Re: New dspNexus webpage is online
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2021, 08:24 pm »
Hi HAL

the dspnexus looks really interesting but i wonder how audioweaver works ? every time i try to educate myself and watch videos i get content that is not for speaker building and quiet frankly , way over my head . a real turn off . i see some opportunity for automatizing . do you have pointers for a better understanding of how audioweaver works within the nexus ?

regards
malcolm

HAL

« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2021, 08:34 pm »
Malcolm,
DSP Concept's Audio Weaver is a full DSP development system for more than just crossover design.  It will let you design and run just about any electronic system you can imagine.

There are dedicated high performance filters designed for speaker crossovers, but they are only accessible when Audio Weaver is connected to either the dspMusik 2x8 or the new dspNexus systems.  There are generic filters in the basic Audio Weaver system, but since the stock version only works with 2 channel A/D and D/A's without the dedicated hardware, you are limited in capability to what the PC system can do.  They do have basic block diagrams as examples when you install the Audio Weaver software and get a license from DSP Concepts for trials.

The custom version that Danville Signal Processing has of Audio Weaver with extensions for more audio signal processing for their hardware.

Hope that helps. 

hum4god

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2021, 08:48 pm »
HAL

thanks for the information . that helps as i was getting really overwhelmed by the power of audioweaver .  as i understand you , the nexus would use a streamlined version of audioweaver appropriate for diy speaker builders .

a manual for the nexus or some "how to videos" from danville would help make me jump on the bandwagon.

thanks
malcolm

HAL

« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2021, 08:54 pm »
Malcolm,
The videos are coming to the website as their new person gets more posted. 

Will be very interesting to see what happens as they add more information about the system. 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2021, 01:24 am »
What is the price of the dspNexus 2/8? Can you use the built in RPi4 with RoPieeeXL so it can be a Roon endpoint?  I have to ask...are there any AP measurements anywhere? 

HAL

« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2021, 01:37 am »
I have not been given a final price of the dspNexus 2x8 and there are 3 different versions in work.  The 2x8 is first, then possibly a 2x2 and 2x4 version were discussed.

The RPi4 will be running a version of Raspbian Buster OS, not a dedicated OS for music.  Roon has been discussed, but not tested since the RPi4 code is in work.  The plan is a more generic version of Buster as more than one program can be used.  Tested JRiver MC27, REW and a few others for use. 

I do not build it, so measurement questions are for Danville Signal.  You can contact them via their website.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 25 Mar 2021, 01:42 am »
OK, thanks!