North East Ohio

raysracing

Re: North East Ohio
« Reply #80 on: 20 Dec 2013, 02:24 am »
Count me in.  What can I bring? Beer, scotch, a hard drive of hi rez music, one of my many cheap chip amps and SLA's, my (soon to arrive) used hemp driver Omega Super 3's?

bbaxter

« Reply #81 on: 25 Dec 2013, 01:00 am »
Thanks raysracing, I should have the beer & scotch covered!  I have a few chip amps sitting around, but the hi-Rez hard drive sounds good -- especially if I could borrow it for a little while! ;-)

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #82 on: 25 Dec 2013, 03:59 am »
Sunday Jan. 5th is good for me also.  Speedskating practice that day has been cancelled (something about a big hockey tournament).

The speedskating meet in Columbus this Saturday Dec.28 has been downsized to a practice meet and my grandson is playing in a soccer tournament this weekend (North Olmsted) so we are not going to Columbus. 

bbaxter

« Reply #83 on: 31 Dec 2013, 02:06 am »
OK Guys -- we're ON for this Sunday, Jan 5 at 2pm!  My address is 3241 Washington Blvd, Cleveland Heights, Oh 44118.  We're right behind Heights High football field.  Please park on the opposite side of the street.
I'll have plenty of beer & some light apps.  Everyone is welcome!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #84 on: 31 Dec 2013, 02:14 am »
I can't make it for this one.  I leave for CES on Monday and have family over on Sunday, etc.  Next time...thx

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #85 on: 31 Dec 2013, 01:45 pm »
See you Sunday at 2!

raysracing

« Reply #86 on: 31 Dec 2013, 02:23 pm »
Sounds great. I'll be there as long as I am not sick. Been out of town and sick as a dog.

raysracing

« Reply #87 on: 3 Jan 2014, 04:22 pm »
FYI I am selling my speakers so if anyone wants to hear them before leaving the Heights area let me know. I'll get them set up before I head to the gathering.  Hit me up about them on email or PM. They are Tekton Lores.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #88 on: 3 Jan 2014, 06:44 pm »
The TV weather people are hinting at a big snow storm Sunday afternoon.

Way of topic:
The Olympic Short Track Speedskating Trials will be on TV this weekend. At NBC & NBC-SC (Sports Channel).
Most if not all the competitors have raced at the Cleveland Heights rink.

Jonathan

« Reply #89 on: 3 Jan 2014, 07:10 pm »
I am in Shaker and would also like to come. Was thinking of bringing my Parasound ZDAC to compare to something more expensive. Thanks.

Jon

(FWIW, I am seeing 3.5" of snow predicted by Accuweather for Sunday. I guess we will see how it goes.)

raysracing

« Reply #90 on: 3 Jan 2014, 10:00 pm »
I am in Shaker and would also like to come. Was thinking of bringing my Parasound ZDAC to compare to something more expensive. Thanks.

Jon

(FWIW, I am seeing 3.5" of snow predicted by Accuweather for Sunday. I guess we will see how it goes.)

Johnathan if we cannot do it at this meeting I am game for a DAC shootout and I can host that. I am building a music server and hope to have a couple DSD files and a DSD DAC in a couple months as well.  Probably a cheap DSD Dac like the Schitt or iDSD (or whatever it is called).

Ray

Ray

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #91 on: 3 Jan 2014, 10:15 pm »
I have four different DSD-capable DACs inhouse currently, and about 12 TB of DSD files (both stereo and multichannel) so I'm game for a DAC comparo (I dislike the term shootout but who cares I guess; it sounds like a quick and dirty test where there is ipsofacto one winner, that one DAC will win all aspects, which is not usually the case at all).

Jonathan

« Reply #92 on: 3 Jan 2014, 10:17 pm »
That would be great, Ted. Looking forward to it.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #93 on: 3 Jan 2014, 10:32 pm »
On Sunday's weather. Jeff Tanchak at Channels 19 & 43 thinks that during the day 3 to 5 inches (the higher amount on the West Side for a change). Then 6 to 10 more inches Sunday night.

raysracing

« Reply #94 on: 3 Jan 2014, 10:38 pm »
I have four different DSD-capable DACs inhouse currently, and about 12 TB of DSD files (both stereo and multichannel) so I'm game for a DAC comparo (I dislike the term shootout but who cares I guess; it sounds like a quick and dirty test where there is ipsofacto one winner, that one DAC will win all aspects, which is not usually the case at all).

ted I see ALL of this as a magical opportunity to listen to MORE music on more equipment, regardless I suppose of a clear winner. So for me it is all good.

Ray

Jonathan

« Reply #95 on: 3 Jan 2014, 10:41 pm »
On Sunday's weather. Jeff Tanchak at Channels 19 & 43 thinks that during the day 3 to 5 inches (the higher amount on the West Side for a change). Then 6 to 10 more inches Sunday night.

Yuck.

raysracing

« Reply #96 on: 5 Jan 2014, 12:20 am »
Anyone running a PC Based music server? I could use another head in the game. I bought a chassis, core i3 CPU and as rock MB. I have quite a few more parts to buy and will need help installing drivers, getting everything recognized. I am a super fast learner, but lack the basic knowledge. Anyone game to help?

It will run Server 2012 if I can make it work with the motherboard, Win7 if not. Jriver media center.

Ray

bbaxter

« Reply #97 on: 5 Jan 2014, 03:00 am »
Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!  Hope the weather won't be too bad!

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #98 on: 5 Jan 2014, 04:34 pm »
Lets see if I have this correct:
Sunday January 5
2:00 PM
at 'bbaxter's home
address is 3241 W..Blvd, see reply #83 for details

possible attendees:
bbaxter
Jonathan
kernelbob
raysracing
Speedskater

regrets:
ted_b

Jonathan

« Reply #99 on: 6 Jan 2014, 03:28 am »
Nice to meet you guys this afternoon. Bill, if you ever want to sell those ADS speakers, let me know. Hope to do it again some time soon.

Jon