Tube amp for Omega.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Tube amp for Omega.
« Reply #60 on: 5 Jan 2015, 12:05 am »
I also disagree. My amps are far more expensive than my speakers, but my speakers (including Omegas) are major overachievers for their prices.

Agreed. My DIY amp would be very expensive at retail, I use an overachieving $2k source (Sony HAP-Z1ES), and of course cables and power conditioner are pricey too  :green:

I started out many years ago with much less expensive gear and the Omegas keep sounding better with better gear, I have not found a limit where the speakers won't resolve improvements anymore.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #61 on: 5 Jan 2015, 05:47 pm »
Apparently the $500 Super 3T was not out of place with a $4600 300B Woo WA5. 

"The WA5 added more cost to the system and will be the amplifier I use most to drive the Super3T."  From a Dagogo review.

http://dagogo.com/omega-3t-single-driver-monitors-review

roscoe65

« Reply #62 on: 5 Jan 2015, 11:21 pm »
"Apparently the $500 Super 3T was not out of place with a $4600 300B Woo WA5."

There is a common axiom among audiophiles that you should put most of your money into speakers.  Speakers may be the link in the chain where the most improvement can be made, making them the single most important component once you reach a reasonable threshold.  However, Omega speakers seem to reach a very high level of performance at a very reasonable price (< $1,000).  I have found that they are resolving enough to not be outclassed by almost any amp.  I have driven a pair of Super 3's with a Sonic Impact Tripath amp, a Monarchy SM-70 Pro (25 wpc, class A ZFB - great amp), and finally a custom WE 421A Amp.  The last is a blatant copy of a Fi 421a amp that retails at $4,000.  In each case I feel that the amp has remained the limiting factor, and I am still using the original Fostex drivers (I've been meaning to upgrade to the RS5's but have been lazy).  I am using them within their capabilities in a 150 sq ft room in the relative near field.  In a much bigger room I could see some limitations.

They are by far my best speakers.  My two other systems are a pair of Dynaco A25XL's driven by a NAD D3020 and a pair of Yamaha NS-690's driven my a Kenwood KA-7100.  Any of these systems would satisfy most listeners, but the Omega system has a magic to it.

guillaume bougard

« Reply #63 on: 8 Jan 2015, 03:59 pm »
Earlier today, I received the SE84+ from Decware. I took very little time unpacking and setting up this baby. I started with what I consider to be the best mixed reggae album of all times: "Kaya" by Bob Marley.

I had a blast from the beginning. Some details appeared (a shuffle keyboard on the right hand side, for instance), the overall sound was ultra pleasant.

I then played the latest album I produced with Sly & Robbie and it was the same feeling I had when I heard the album for the first time after it had been mastered.

I am in my office with the Omega super 3 desktop and this amp. Man, how am I going to get off my chair and go home tonight???

lobster9000

« Reply #64 on: 8 Jan 2015, 04:39 pm »
How long was your wait for the Decware amp?  I just ordered the same amp earlier this week along with a Super 3XRS  :D