Jolida JD-100 cpd and headphones

djbnh

« on: 4 Dec 2004, 04:28 pm »
Are there any suggestions for headphones to be driven optimally from the JD-100's headphone output? I believe the related Jolida info is:

Headphone Output:  35 mW, 32 ohms

I understand better listening results may come from using a dedicated headphone amp, but that is not an option at the moment.

In advance, thank you for all input.

Figo

« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2004, 06:23 pm »
I would say Audio-Technica AT-W1000

Srajan at 6moons semmed to love them out of the minimax cdp

Obie

ATH-W1000
« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2004, 08:09 pm »
I've had the minimax cdp and Audiotechnica cans for about a month now and am very happy with them. The 'phones are VERY easily driven by the output on the player.  

This system is not the last word in bass, but that could be the cans, tubes, cdp-- I've not listened much to the cdp on my main rig.  The headphones have a wonderful, engrossing presentation.  I find myself listening in a kind of rapturous haze.  Detailed and musical.  I am pleased with the purchase.

I listen mainly to classical and jazz.

Kj

DavidS

« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2004, 08:21 pm »
I use Grado 60's with my Jolida 100.  Suprisingly good with lots of volume although not much low end.  I too would love to get a headphone amp but is out there in future somewhere.  Don't listen to much classical but particularly accoustic and vocal jazz sounds great and the Grados are pretty affordable.

djbnh

« Reply #4 on: 5 Dec 2004, 05:43 pm »
Thanks for the input regarding the Minimax cdp. However, I think the Minimax differs from the Jolida in that the Minmax' tube output runs through the headphone jack; I believe the Jolida uses a Opamp, not the tube output. Thus, what matches with the Minimax may not match with the Jolida.  :(

Figo

« Reply #5 on: 5 Dec 2004, 09:17 pm »
I am not sure then that the jolida is up to standard to drive 'phones well.  If it can't drive the ATs(high sensitivity low impedance) then there really in't anything easier.

beat

« Reply #6 on: 9 Dec 2004, 04:03 am »
Hey all,
Sorry to butt in with this question but, do any of you find the headphone out on the jd 100 really noisy..I'm talking lots of mechanical transport noise kind of noisy? I am using grado 125s and some electrostatic ergos.

thanks and sorry that I have no input on the original question.
beat