What cd album etc have you listened to most in your life?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #60 on: 15 Jan 2006, 05:13 am »
First album ever purchased: Kiss Destroyer in 1978

My first was a Kiss 45 rpm in 1979 :mrgreen:

Zero

« Reply #61 on: 15 Jan 2006, 05:23 am »
Probably Weird Al's "bad hair day"....  back in my early teen days.

Kim S.

« Reply #62 on: 15 Jan 2006, 12:01 pm »
My first album was Kinks "You Really Got Me".  It was one of my free selections when I was suckered into the Columbia record club.  Started a beautiful relationship.  I'm still a hugh Kinks fan.  I also remember getting "Glad all Over" by the Dave Clark Five.  Those were about the only two rock oriented selections available .  Still don't know why I ever
bought into the "club".

During that same era I was sent by a friend to go to the "big city" to buy the Beatles Sgt Pepper the day it was released. He was really pissed when I came back with the monaural version instead of the stereo.  At the time I probably thought everthing was in stereo.  He has razzed me about this for years.  Recently I was able to show him an article that  said the monaural version is soniclly superior.  After 38 years, off the hook!

orthobiz

« Reply #63 on: 15 Jan 2006, 02:36 pm »
I had a Lloyds 8 track first stereo. Bought from the local electronics shop (mainly TV) with a paltry selection of 8 tracks available. My dad had them "throw in" a CD with the purchase: only selectable title among the 101 Strings and Perry Como was Bridge Over Troubled Water. My dad worked as a carpenter remanufacturing office trailers that came back from construction jobsites and in one of the trailers found Richie Havens Mixed Bag (still don't care for it and never replaced it), Arlo Guthrie Washington County (poignant music, was given to me last year as a much-appreciated CD gift) and...Rolling Stones Beggar's Banquet, which, needless to say, changed my life! I can still remember him giving them to me and asking if I wanted them. My mom called Sympathy for the Devil "The Woo-Woo Song."

Strange, the things you can remember...

biz

DeadFish

« Reply #64 on: 15 Jan 2006, 04:03 pm »
For first album bought, I really have to emberass myself.
Don't remember the title (its still here somewhere), but it *was* a Perry Como album.  Available at half price, mailed away with proof of purchase from Kraft foods.
Then I moved up to The Ventures, Jan and Dean, and then The Beatles in mono Magical Mystery Tour.
Been 'Touring' ever since!

Man, now I gotta go look for 'Mr. C.'!
 :dance:

Regards,
DeadFish

Eric

« Reply #65 on: 15 Jan 2006, 04:29 pm »
Beatles Revolver
Lyle Lovett Joshua Judges Ruth
Gerry Rafferty City to City
Dan Fogelberg / Tim Weisberg Twin Sons of Different Mothers
Eagles Hotel California

mcrespo71

« Reply #66 on: 15 Jan 2006, 06:24 pm »
The first album I recall purchasing with my own Xmas money was an LP by the Doobie Brothers called One Step Closer.  I bought it at Musicland for like $6.  The first LP purchased for me by my father was Billy Joel The Stranger on LP in 1977.  I listened to that like crazy, but only cassette because my father promptly transferred the LP to cassette and made me listne on my boombox!!!

First LP purchased- Doobie Brothers One Step Closer
First Cassette purchased- Def Leppard High N Dry
First CD purchased- A-ha Hunting High and Low

Michael

JoshK

« Reply #67 on: 15 Jan 2006, 06:56 pm »
When I was 4 I use to make my dad play Bob Seger all the time.

srx04

« Reply #68 on: 15 Jan 2006, 11:09 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
When I was 4 I use to make my dad play Bob Seger all the time.

Nice, I picked up playing the guitar a few years back. Anyway the first song I learned was Desire by u2. I would practice at night after my kids were down. One time I asked my son,who was four at the time, to name the song I was playing.....I played the five chord progression twice and He responded, "Dad, thats desire" So matter of factly........Kodak moment!!

I tried unsuccessfully to take him (now 8.y.o) to the U2 concert this summer. First concert U2 with dad.......oh well mommy vetoed!!!!!!!

Peace , Joe

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #69 on: 16 Jan 2006, 07:20 pm »
Well if i can rember back so far lol

My first peice of music i ever purchased was Amos Moses - Jerry Reed in 71 on a 45
The first lps bought were
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
and Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon

first cd
Black Sabbath  Paranoid
Black Sabbath  Black Sabbath

They do not make it into the cd player very often any more.

PhilNYC

« Reply #70 on: 16 Jan 2006, 07:27 pm »
First record ever purchased:  Boston - Don't Look Back
First single purchased:  Steve Martin - King Tut
First CD ever purchased:  Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

Everything from my early days was my brothers or something I got on cassette...

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #71 on: 17 Jan 2006, 04:12 pm »
First record ever purchased: Kiss Destroyer
First single purchased: Kiss 45 rpm (don't recall title)
First CD ever purchased: Nazareth -Hair of the Dog

Scott F.

« Reply #72 on: 17 Jan 2006, 05:02 pm »
Not to date myself but the first album I bought was....

...somewhere in the early to mid 60's. I still have it.

That one was followed by several Monkees albums and the odd Homer and Jethro (Strike Back, the one with Does Your Chewing Gum Loose its Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight) album. I've still got all my old 45's that I bought back in the 60's.

Even way back then, all my allowance used to go for music.

mjosef

« Reply #73 on: 18 Jan 2006, 01:59 am »
Jimi Hendrix's 'Electric Ladyland' and Miles Davis' Bitches Brew...I guess I came in at those points in the respective artist's lives...and at least twice a year fire those albums up. In addition to various albums of the funk genre, Funkadelic and the like.

bally

• http://www.kirrabilli.co.nz
« Reply #74 on: 18 Jan 2006, 02:28 am »
First EP "Little Arrows" by Leapy Lee 1968
First LP  Fog on the Tyne by Lindisfarne 1971

Most listened to album over the last 30 years:
David Bowie Live 1974

Best Speaker destroying album:
The Flag by Yello 1988

Cheers
Peter

nai02fungoid

« Reply #75 on: 18 Jan 2006, 02:34 am »
The Great Caruso with Mario Lanza on 45's.

EProvenzano

« Reply #76 on: 19 Jan 2006, 05:43 am »
I've rediscoverd an old favorite  :D
This thread inspired me to dust off some 15 year old cassette tapes I used as a young teen.  First on my trip down memory lane was Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms.  The tape was beyond hope, but after a little looking I realized I never did buy this album on CD....adolecent priorities shifted to chasing young girly teens rather than music  :roll:
Fast forward to this week, and I'm delighted to find this classic is remastered on SACD.  Brilliant :!:

This album is phenominal.  I can't believe I went this long without it.
I don't own any other Dire Straits, but I'll certainly buy their first three, which come highly recommended.

For those interested, my RWA modfied SB2, playing WAV files from this disc, is indistinguishable from the SACD layer on my Sony 555ES.   I didn't do a highly critical listening comparison. I only briefly listened to the two players to satisfy my curiosity.  My source is now primarily the RWA-SB2.  Good decision, I say  :D

Thanks for the inspiration guys.
Happy listening.
EP

fiveoclockfriday

« Reply #77 on: 27 Jan 2006, 05:36 pm »
After thinking about this, I think it's Every Picture Tells a Story by Rod Stewart. This surprised me at first, because I wouldn't say it's my favorite album, or really even my favorite type of music. But, I own the LP, the CD, and I've ripped it to my Mac and I just find myself listening to it all the time. A great mix of songs, textures and feeling.

PhilNYC

« Reply #78 on: 27 Jan 2006, 05:48 pm »
Quote from: EProvenzano
I've rediscoverd an old favorite  :D
This thread inspired me to dust off some 15 year old cassette tapes I used as a young teen.  First on my trip down memory lane was Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms.  The tape was beyond hope, but after a little looking I realized I never did buy this album on CD....adolecent priorities shifted to chasing young girly teens rather than music  :roll:
Fast forward to this week, and I'm delighted to find this classic is remastered on SACD.  Brilliant :!:  ...

IMHO, the best re-mastering version of this CD is the XRCD version:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JVCXRH3572

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #79 on: 28 Jan 2006, 04:04 am »
Quote from: fiveoclockfriday
After thinking about this, I think it's Every Picture Tells a Story by Rod Stewart. This surprised me at first, because I wouldn't say it's my favorite album, or really even my favorite type of music. But, I own the LP, the CD, and I've ripped it to my Mac and I just find myself listening to it all the time. A great mix of songs, textures and feeling.

Ah Maggie May and Mandolin Wind - heard them many time on FM. And I think I had the LP at one time. I will have to pick this up soon.