SP 3.0?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: SP 3.0?
« Reply #2080 on: 17 Jun 2016, 12:41 pm »
Yes we heard the same but I think we would just plug one input  rather than the cost for a retro fit needing a new back panel.

Rod_S

« Reply #2081 on: 17 Jun 2016, 01:37 pm »
It's a shame they don't seem to be able to continue to build the cards for 8 inputs. It's sucks manufacturers will be forced to go backwards in flexibility for customers as a result.

Phil A

« Reply #2082 on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:02 pm »
Their website still does show an 8 input, 2 output card that can do 4k (on one input and output) - http://www.mds.com/products/hdmivideo/hsr-82/

If they intend to close it out, perhaps those interested could give Bryston some indication as to interest if the card would fit in the unit.

Rod_S

« Reply #2083 on: 17 Jun 2016, 03:51 pm »
That would have to be the existing card. According to the info Trinnov received, earliest reveal of the new card could be around CEDIA I beleive. If true it seems Trinnov would look to have incorporation into their units in 2017.

Grit

• - Garrett
« Reply #2084 on: 1 Aug 2016, 11:14 am »
Just wanted to check in again and see if there was any update on the HDMI board upgrade (HDMI 2.1/HDCP 2.2) possibilities for the SP3?

Alphonse

« Reply #2085 on: 28 Oct 2016, 12:34 am »
Following up on the HDMI upgrade. Is a new board available yet? If so, any pricing? Also, will it be HDMI 2.0a or 2.1 with HDCP 2.2?

For the record, I do not own an SP-3, but I am thinking about buying a used one.

Would it be advisable to wait to see if a board upgrade is available and whether it will definitely work on all older SP-3s or if there will need to be a completely new processor (SP-4)?

Thanks, Al

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2086 on: 28 Oct 2016, 12:27 pm »
Following up on the HDMI upgrade. Is a new board available yet? If so, any pricing? Also, will it be HDMI 2.0a or 2.1 with HDCP 2.2?

For the record, I do not own an SP-3, but I am thinking about buying a used one.

Would it be advisable to wait to see if a board upgrade is available and whether it will definitely work on all older SP-3s or if there will need to be a completely new processor (SP-4)?

Thanks, Al

Hi Al

No not yet. The only difference in the new board is it will offer  HDCP on all 7 HDMI inouts where the current board only offers it on number 8 input.

The only question is the new board may require more power so the transformer and power supply section of the SP3 may need to change.

The only reason for an SP-4 would be Dolby Atmos as it requires a bunch more channels.

james

Jim Hamley

SP 3 Turning Off Panasonic Plasma TV?
« Reply #2087 on: 28 Oct 2016, 05:09 pm »
I've put this question to Mike Pickett but no response, so I'm hoping James or another forum member might help.
My 65" Panasonic Plasma TV (TC-P65ZT60) started turning itself off after an hour or more viewing. When it turns itself off, you can power it up immediately and it operates properly.  I've had all of the TV's circuit boards replaced but the problem persists.
One theory is that the SP 3 (or a source component connected to it) is sending the TV a signal causing it to turn off.
Any thoughts?  Thanks, Jim

cliffy

« Reply #2088 on: 28 Oct 2016, 05:18 pm »
Some TV's have an "auto-off" or power-save timer.  This maybe causing the TV to power down.  Usually it would give you an on-screen warning prior to this happening.

Hope you figure it out.  That would be a frustrating issue to deal with continually.  Usually happens at the good part of whatever your watching  :D

Jim Hamley

« Reply #2089 on: 28 Oct 2016, 05:23 pm »
Thanks cliffy-that was the first thing I looked at but all timers are off.

Alphonse

« Reply #2090 on: 28 Oct 2016, 07:18 pm »
Thanks James, I have waited this long, might as well hold of a little longer or go in a different direction. I really don't care about atmos or any other height channel bs. I just want to do high quality 5.1 with future proofing that doesn't cost a lot. I can't help thinking that this long excruciating rollout of 4k is some sort of joke on manufacturers and consumers.

Al

WillyP

« Reply #2091 on: 23 Nov 2016, 11:34 am »
Hi James,

I am offered a SP3 of three to four years old, with the latest firmware. What are the differences with a current SP3?

Thans in advance,

Willy

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2092 on: 23 Nov 2016, 12:10 pm »
Hi James,

I am offered a SP3 of three to four years old, with the latest firmware. What are the differences with a current SP3?

Thans in advance,

Willy

Hi

The newest SP3 has a 4K HDMI board with 2.2 on input 8 and soon a new USB board that can do 192/24.

james

WillyP

« Reply #2093 on: 23 Nov 2016, 12:30 pm »
Will it be easy to install the new HDMI board and the new USB board in an older SP3 when necessary?

Willy

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2094 on: 23 Nov 2016, 02:08 pm »
Will it be easy to install the new HDMI board and the new USB board in an older SP3 when necessary?

Willy

Hi Willy

No not easy as there are lots of changes needed for the conversion. 

James

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #2095 on: 23 Nov 2016, 08:24 pm »
Hi Willy

No not easy as there are lots of changes needed for the conversion. 

James

...how much is this conversion??

al.

Alpha10

« Reply #2096 on: 1 Dec 2016, 09:35 am »
Hi James,

Is there any update on when the new HDMI board with 2.2 HDCP on all 7 HDMI inputs might be coming available? This is becoming a real issue for me now  :cry:

Has anyone researched alternatives at all, if this doesn't happen? Don't really want to go to some separate systems for surround and stereo as I love the SP3. You can get some really cheap AV receivers now that will do all the video switching? Or perhaps an external switching matrix's which can feed video to the TV and projector and strip sound to the SP3?

Kind regards

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2097 on: 1 Dec 2016, 11:01 am »
Hi James,

Is there any update on when the new HDMI board with 2.2 HDCP on all 7 HDMI inputs might be coming available? This is becoming a real issue for me now  :cry:

Has anyone researched alternatives at all, if this doesn't happen? Don't really want to go to some separate systems for surround and stereo as I love the SP3. You can get some really cheap AV receivers now that will do all the video switching? Or perhaps an external switching matrix's which can feed video to the TV and projector and strip sound to the SP3?

Kind regards

No sorry we do not know.  We are told this fall but so far no word.

james

BrystonFan

« Reply #2098 on: 2 Dec 2016, 11:56 pm »
Hi

The newest SP3 has a 4K HDMI board with 2.2 on input 8 and soon a new USB board that can do 192/24.

james

Hi James,
Will you be "re-launching" the SP3 to reflect the above improvements when all the "parts" are in?

wilsonij

• BDP1>SP3>7B3s> Vandersteen Quatros
« Reply #2099 on: 20 Dec 2016, 08:21 pm »
Has anyone encountered problems with decoding DTS HD Master Audio signals on the sp3 ?

When fed any other type of signal my sp3 correctly processes the sound out as 2/2/2.0 to match my front, rear and back speaker setup (and no sub).

However, when playing a bluray and the display says something like IN: DTSHD MA 5.1 it also says OUT: 2/2.0 and no matter what buttons I press or settings I change, I can't get sound out of any other channel; its driving me nuts !

Ian