BDP-1 USB outs vs USB outs on the BDP-2 & BDP-3 - Sound Quality Differences?

fado

I have the BDP-1 and will be getting a Lampizator DAC (Amber 3 or Atlantic TRP). I want to use the USB input on the Lampizator DAC and need to know if the BDP-1 USB out will be limiting best performance of my system as compared with the USB outs of the newer, BDP-2 or BDP-3 Bryston digital players.

fado

Also, I would want to be sure that the BDP-1 USB out will transfer PCM 24/192 and DSD128.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure

fado

My unit is a BDP-1. It does not say it is a BDP-1 USB. Did the USB out feature just come with later firmware updates?

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
My unit is a BDP-1. It does not say it is a BDP-1 USB. Did the USB out feature just come with later firmware updates?

That first link above referred to the BDP-1.
Did you read it?

Firmware updates should not affect file format playback compatibility for BDPs. Maybe contact Chris for the definitive answer.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
The USB feature is purely software driven, its available on any BDP product.

Chris

TJ-Sully

I have the BDP-1 and will be getting a Lampizator DAC (Amber 3 or Atlantic TRP). I want to use the USB input on the Lampizator DAC and need to know if the BDP-1 USB out will be limiting best performance of my system as compared with the USB outs of the newer, BDP-2 or BDP-3 Bryston digital players.

hey fado, I am pretty sure the USB in the BDP2 or BDP3 will out perform the BDP1.....but not necessarily due to the USB out - but  rather the larger power supplies and faster processing. it looks like those Lampizator DACs offer asynchronous USB so you should be good to go!   cool looking tube DAC's man  :thumb:
let us know how it sounds!

TJ