Captainhemo's A370XLR3 servo amp boxes

HAL

Captainhemo's A370XLR3 servo amp boxes
« on: 12 May 2023, 07:51 pm »
Got a pair of captainhemo's Rythmik Audio A370XLR3 servo amp boxes for the modular H-Frame 3x12 servo sub towers.  Took them to my finishing guy for Hot Rod Black finish to match the sub towers.  Look great to me.  Now to install the plate amps.

HAL

Re: Captainhemo's A370XLR3 servo amp boxes
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2023, 12:04 pm »
The first Rythmik Audio A370XLR3 servo amp in captainhemo's box.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2023, 09:16 pm »
Got a pair of captainhemo's Rythmik Audio A370XLR3 servo amp boxes for the modular H-Frame 3x12 servo sub towers.  Took them to my finishing guy for Hot Rod Black finish to match the sub towers.  Look great to me.  Now to install the plate amps.

I really like this finish! Do you suppose a guy with too many thumbs and precious little experience could accomplish this on his own?

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2023, 09:46 pm »
I really like this finish! Do you suppose a guy with too many thumbs and precious little experience could accomplish this on his own?

Yup. Pretty easy with the right materials and following directions. Message me if you want the rundown on product and process.

BTW Rich, those look super clean. Definitely better than just some bare mdf on the floor.

Pez

« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2023, 10:48 pm »
That finish is insane.  :icon_twisted: Your guy knows what’s up!

HAL

« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2023, 03:04 am »
The person that is doing the finishing is a pro auto painter with an insane paint booth.  I know only three people with paint systems that can do it and they are all auto finishing types.  I would recommend talking to an auto body shop and see if they can work with MDF.  If not, keep looking.

HAL

« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2023, 03:07 am »
That finish is insane.  :icon_twisted: Your guy knows what’s up!

PEZ,
He paints restored cars for a living.  They look insanely good when done.  He fits me in when he can. 

Wait until you see the Magnetar II baffles in Aegean Blue gloss finish for the next project! :)

HAL

« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2023, 05:22 pm »
The A370 servo amp wiring harness is done.  The connectors are cold welded, so I see no problem with sound quality.

If you do not like cold weld connectors, then do not fly on airplanes, as all the connectors are cold weld crimp joints to gold plated brass pins and sockets.  Works for me. :)

mresseguie

« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2023, 05:53 pm »
Scratching my head wondering about cold weld connections and airplanes  :scratch: Obviously, it’s above my pay grade.  :lol:

HAL

« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2023, 06:05 pm »
In other words, no soldering needed to make very low contact resistance connections that take a lot of abuse and keep working.

mresseguie

« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2023, 06:06 pm »
Ah! Now I understand. Thank you 🙏

HAL

« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2023, 02:03 am »
Might as well add captainhemo's modular sub cabinets in the same finish to the thread!

Been waiting to show the subs since RMAF stopped operation.  That was sad!

Now time to show them at LSAF2023!   :D