Song Surround Plus in BRG

jsalk

Song Surround Plus in BRG
« on: 3 Jan 2019, 04:33 pm »
Rick wanted a pair of SongSurround Plus Monitors and was wondering if we could do a pair in British Racing Green.  Of course we could.

But it turned out to be a bit more complicated that we first assumed.  The reason is that there are many versions of BRG.  The first we got was a 2002 Jaguar BRG.  But when we sprayed it, it looked almost black it was so dark.  So it was back to the paint store for a lighter shade of BRG.

Well, that one turned out to be too light. 

So we mixed the dark and light together and ended up with what looked right.

Here is a picture...

All's well that ends well.

Happy listening Rick!

- Jim

rick_reynolds40

Re: Song Surround Plus in BRG
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2019, 06:16 pm »
I took delivery of these beauties yesterday.  I'm listening to them as I type this.  A couple of things:

I got these for my office.  The room is about 18x15 and is well damped.  I am running them with a Luxman L505u integrated and they sound great.  I'm not sure too many people have heard this model yet, but if you are thinking about it all I can say is they are an incredible speaker and would be a deal at twice the price.

Jim's picture does not do them justice.  I have been trying to get a good photo and none of mine do them justice either.  They absolutely nailed the finish.  Jim's automotive finishes are incredible.

Jim's story of the lengths he went to to get the color right is typical of of Salk customer service.  Jim always goes the extra mile.

This is my 3rd pair of Salk speakers.  I bought Songtower-RT's in 2011.  I sold those in 2014 when I upgraded to Veracity ST's.  I currently have Song3 Beats on order and judging by the Project Tracker they are almost done so I'll have my 4th pair soon.  I can't say enough positive things about my experience over the last 8 years with Jim's products and service.  I'm 51 years old and plan to have a Salk speakers for the rest of my life.

Thank you Jim!

Rick

screener

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2019, 08:20 pm »
Hey Rick,

Nice choice. Reminded me of my first MGBGT.
I'm curious if your replacing the Veracity ST with the Song3 BEAT. Did you get a chance to hear the Song3 BEAT.

rick_reynolds40

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2019, 08:50 pm »
Hey Rick,

Nice choice. Reminded me of my first MGBGT.
I'm curious if your replacing the Veracity ST with the Song3 BEAT. Did you get a chance to hear the Song3 BEAT.

Screener

Yea, I told Jim think of old Jag or Triumph BRG.  MGB is another great one.

I haven't heard the Beats.  I spoke to Jim at length about them and decided to give them a shot.  Assuming I like them as much as I think I will, the Veracity ST's will need to find a new owner.  I love the V-STs.  They are a true sweet spot in the Salk lineup. 

Here is a quick snap of the V-ST's.  Curly Cherry with a medium dye.  4 years old, but look brand new.

billmcc

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2019, 10:16 pm »
Rick,

Do you have an idea what your asking price for the Veracity STs would be? Thanks :)!

Bill

screener

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jan 2019, 10:21 pm »
Rick,

Do you have an idea what your asking price for the Veracity STs would be? Thanks :)!

Bill

I thought you might be traveling this route  8).

billmcc

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jan 2019, 11:10 pm »
I thought you might be traveling this route  8).
I'm trying to keep up with those from the more affluent part of town :D.

Bill

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 5 Jan 2019, 02:47 pm »
Well done Jim. Not an easy color to get 'right'.   :thumb:  A most venerable color selection Rick.  8)   Enjoy !