Omega Name Changes

Louis O

Omega Name Changes
« on: 26 Mar 2003, 01:53 pm »
Hello all and very sorry for the long wait in replies. This will not happen again.

Due to me confusing my dealers in regards to the names of the speakers, I decided to make a change in names.

The TS1, 2, and 3 will stay the same
and the Grandes will be called:

TS1 Grande will be called Grande 8
TS2 Grande will be called Grande 6

R versions will be :
Grande 8R
Grande 6R

New model base on the TS3 will be called Super 3 and will be at the MAF

Thanks again and sorry for the delays in replies.

Best Regards,
Louis

Paul L

Omega Name Changes
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2003, 05:50 am »
Louis,
Notice your name changed.  But cannot find any more information after the Grande 6 and Grande 8 besides those on  your NEWS page.  What is the difference and improvement over the TS2 and TS3 respectively?

How does a standard R version compares to Grande but non R version say TS2 R compares to Grande 6 and TS1R compares to Grande 8.

Thanks.

Louis O

Omega Name Changes
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2003, 01:19 pm »
Hi Paul,

I have to post all the info on the site. I should have done this a while ago.
 The Grandes are larger versions of the TS1/2. The larger enclosures increased the bass output and with the added bass are a touch smoother in the mids as well. The R versions have a tighter bass and clearer midrange in all the models. Takes the sound to the next level.

Your second question is a very good one.
the main comparison is between the TS1R and the Grande 6R. Both speakers are the same price. The Grande 6R doesn't go lower, but has more bass output and is a bit smoother with better imaging do to the smaller driver. Also both are R versions as well.

Between a standard Grande 8 and a TS1R, I would consider the extra bass and dynamics of the Grande 8 and save the $100. I would say it's a better value.

Thanks agian,
Louis

Grande 8:

Type : Ported Single Driver stand/shelf mount

Frequency response : 40-20KHz

Sensitivity : 96dB at 8 ohms

Power requirement : as little as 1.5 watts

Driver : Full range 8” paper dual cone Fostex with rubber impregnated surround, alloy chassis and fully shielded

Cross-over : None

Terminals : Standard multiway gold plated binding posts. R : Cardas Patented Silver plate and Cardas litz internal wiring

Cabinet : heavily braced softwood MDF (Ranger board) and adhered with polyurethane glues. R model includes R compound lining of interior walls.

Wood finishes : Cherry, Maple, Sapele, and Beech with solid hardwood corners

Laminates : Black and Red Parisian Maple gloss Pearl, Blue Artic Pearl Gloss

Warranty 10 year parts and labor for workmanship and defects

Dimensions : 20” H x 9.5”W x 13”D

Weight : 38 pounds each

Grande 6 :

Type : Ported Single Driver stand/shelf mount

Frequency response : 50-20KHz

Sensitivity : 95dB at 8 ohms

Power requirement : as little as 1.5 watts

Driver : Full range 6” paper dual cone Fostex with rubber impregnated surround, alloy chassis and fully shielded

Cross-over : None

Terminals : Standard multiway gold plated binding posts. R : Cardas Patented Silver plate and Cardas litz internal wiring

Cabinet : heavily braced softwood MDF (Ranger board) and adhered with polyurethane glues. R model includes R compound lining of interior walls.

Wood finishes : Cherry, Maple, Sapele, and Beech with solid hardwood corners

Laminates : Black and Red Parisian Maple gloss Pearl, Blue Artic Pearl Gloss

Warranty 10 year parts and labor for workmanship and defects

Dimensions : 18” H x 8.5”W x 13”D

Weight : 28 pounds each