NAS set up - missing folders

docder

NAS set up - missing folders
« on: 12 Apr 2019, 08:30 pm »
I have set up a NAS [QNAP[AFP]] to connect to a BDP-3. The NAS has about 8GB os music files and most are now visible in the NAS folder in MPD but some folders on the NAS are not listed. The folders that are not visible all appear to be ones with a larger number of sub-folders. Why would these folders not be listed in the MPD? Would it be that the folders [with their sub-folders] are large and take time [hours/days] to be processed into the data base? Or do I need to set up separate shares for these folders? Or is something else going on?
All pointers to a resolve are welcome. Thank you.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: NAS set up - missing folders
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2019, 03:10 pm »
Is the BDP still updating?

docder

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2019, 07:30 pm »
I don't think the DDP is still updating as there is no U on the screen, and the files that are visible from the NAS are playing without error.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2019, 12:42 pm »
If you place the unit in service mode and email us the service id we are always happy to take a look.

Chris

docder

« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2019, 05:34 pm »
Thanks, Chris. I'm going to give it a couple more days to see if the missing file situation resolves itself. I removed the smb version of the NAS and and added a share for the afs version.
This has resulted in a couple of the missing files now appearing but there is still one not showing. It is a big one with several sub-folders. Maybe it will appear eventually. Messages in MDP keep telling me some folder or other is still being built so let's wait and see.  If still not resolved in a day or two I will switch to service mode and let you know.