Upgrading Turntable

/mp

Re: Upgrading Turntable
« Reply #20 on: 4 Jul 2022, 01:23 pm »
   .... My first high end turntable was Rega Planar 2 bought new back in 1997 I think. I still have it, I took the great RB250 tonearm out to be use in my current turntable.

....And a few problems at least with older Rega TTs, not sure how the current ones are but my Planar 2 would hum with MI Grado carts....

So was mine, bought new c.'78. I used many Grado carts: F series, G series, 8MZ, etc. I never had a hum issue but apparently enough people did that NYC's highest-end dealer pointed out his Grado--on a Goldmund Reference TT--didn't. Still have it. Wrapped in bubble wrap since replacing it with a Well Tempered Turntable & Tonearm c. 91. 

...What I never understood is why someone would think that just because they don't like something others shouldn't or won't like it too....

+1
Confirmation bias? Egocentrism?

Happy listening,

bkatbamna

Re: Upgrading Turntable
« Reply #21 on: 4 Jul 2022, 10:09 pm »
Years back I bought a Final Tool turntable out of an estate sale, and have never looked back. When I bought it, I was looking at VPI turn tables and maybe a modded SL1200 from Technics. If I were shopping for a new table today it would be an Acoustic Signature again. They are so over built that they'll probably out live you!
gary

If I would buy one and my wife found out how much it was, it would definitely outlive me.   :lol: :lol: