Introducing the new AerØ Cu USB, AerØ Cu Coax and BNC

Pez

Re: Introducing the new AerØ Cu USB, AerØ Cu Coax and BNC
« Reply #20 on: 9 Aug 2022, 01:25 pm »
Not officially, but I do have some in stock ready for install if someone so desired.   

dflee

« Reply #21 on: 9 Aug 2022, 05:55 pm »
Tour?
What makes you think I'm going to let them go?

Don
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2022, 01:55 pm by dflee »

Pez

« Reply #22 on: 9 Aug 2022, 07:06 pm »
Tour?
What makes you thing I'm going to let them go?

Don

:lol: The most succinct positive review I’ve ever had.  8)

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #23 on: 9 Aug 2022, 08:15 pm »
Tour?
What makes you thing I'm going to let them go?

I've said that before...   :lol:

Pez

« Reply #24 on: 9 Aug 2022, 09:50 pm »
I've said that before...   :lol:

Hey, the more the merrier. I sent something your way. Should arrive Friday.  :thumb:

morganc

« Reply #25 on: 9 Aug 2022, 10:22 pm »
Hi Pez. I’m interested as well.  I signed up before but then life nearly took me out.  What do I need to do to get on the list?

Pez

« Reply #26 on: 10 Aug 2022, 03:37 am »
Morgan,
Glad to hear you’ve come back around. Just click here and fill out the info. https://forms.clickup.com/8415154/f/80txj-520/0NAN3IIZS466HDV6UW

:thumb:

Pez

« Reply #27 on: 10 Aug 2022, 08:36 pm »
Gents,
We filled up the tour and then some! I will be sending out instructions soon. If by chance anyone else is interested during tour I’m more than happy to add folks to the list.  :thumb:

Pez

« Reply #28 on: 11 Aug 2022, 05:42 pm »
Alright tour folks, we're officially launched. Please check your email for details. I want to make sure everyone is aware of the order.

I had a request from a tour member to include Ember in the tour so I've shipped it off to the second in line. It'll be part of the tour from that point forward.

Pez

« Reply #29 on: 11 Aug 2022, 05:43 pm »
Forgot to mention, if a few more people are interested in signing up I'll get a second leg set made up. Post here and sign up using the form and I'll add you.  :thumb:

https://forms.clickup.com/8415154/f/80txj-520/0NAN3IIZS466HDV6UW

Pez

« Reply #30 on: 15 Aug 2022, 05:09 pm »
Folks,
I had one participant who needed to back out of the tour. I want to extend the offer to anyone who might be interested. Please fill out the tour form and let me know here.  :thumb:

https://forms.clickup.com/8415154/f/80txj-520/0NAN3IIZS466HDV6UW

genjamon

« Reply #31 on: 15 Aug 2022, 07:37 pm »
Done! Looking forward to finally hearing the Aero USB! Gonna compare to the Uptone Audio USPCB - which isn’t really a USB cable, but closer to an impedance-matched hard-wired connection.  It’s been clearly more transparent than any USB cable I’ve had, and I’ve tried quite a few, though none of the hot names over the last 5 years or so. This should be fun.

Pez

« Reply #32 on: 15 Aug 2022, 09:08 pm »
Interesting, looks like a fascinating device. I’ll be curious to hear your impressions.

Thanks for signing up.  :thumb:

dflee

« Reply #33 on: 19 Aug 2022, 02:39 pm »
I got to this party via the Ember tour.
That tour was quite the challenge due to all the different configuration options.
The Ember USB was the big surprise in that it helped my modest headphone system more than I would have thought.
Jason (pretty decent individual) and I talked. He suggested I try the Aero USB and thus began my journey into a total revision of the system.
I have an Acer laptop that I either use the cd player or go through Quobuz connected USB to a Mytek Liberty dac/headphone amp. I have the ZMF Auteur headphones with their 2K cable coupled to the noggin. This arrangement was alright but missing finesse and detail that I attributed to the source equipment. The Ember showed me that a different cable was most definitely in my future. It really smoothed the sound out and made it quite a bit more enjoyable.
Enter Aero. Where Ember gave me a more relaxed and fuller sound, Aero said "hey Ember, hold my beer" and took that relaxed fuller sound and threw in the best detail I've ever heard in this setup. So without changing any piece other than adding Aero, my system was totally changed. Can't imagine how Aero would sound on a top grade system. I don't have the ability to use USB in my main system so Jason (pdi) told me he would put together an Aero coax I could use between my cd transport and dac. He sent me a coax, rca ended and one BNC along with the USB cable. This turned into the present Aero Digital tour going presently (more on that later).
Music used for the evaluation:
Buddy Guy- Blues Singer
Trevor Pinnock- Complete Mozart Symphonies
Mitsuko Uchida- Mozart Piano Concertos
Herbert von Karajan- Complete Beethoven Symphonies
Keb Mo- Keb Mo
David Grisman and Tony Rice- Tone Poems
Yes- Yes Album, Fragile, Close to the Edge, Tales of Topographic Oceans
Stevie Ray Vaughan- The Sky is Crying (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab)
I haven't had that many USB cables to compare but I do know what I like.
After hearing what Aero USB did for my setup it became pretty much a no brainer.
Highly recommend anyone looking to try something different in a USB cable to have this one on your must try list.

Don
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2022, 03:57 pm by dflee »

nlitworld

« Reply #34 on: 19 Aug 2022, 09:24 pm »
My advice, is do NOT demo these cables.

I should have listened but instead I had to listen and now I can't unhear what I have heard.

nlitworld

« Reply #35 on: 20 Aug 2022, 02:23 pm »
So it is my turn with the AerØ cable currently, and I thought I'd give an update of first impressions. I had the Ember plugged in for the last few days (thank you Jason for that) and the first thing I noticed on the AerØ was it's much more balanced flat response. As first impressions go, it's a much more grown up, poised sound than the Ember but the two have more commonality than differences. The  AerØ doesn't need to come in with a boisterous sound shouting, "Look what I can do". It is quietly confident to sit you down and tell you how it is. But oh does it tell you everything. First thing I really noticed was the texture in the notes. SOOOOO much texture in everything. Cymbals sizzle, strings actually buzz as they play open strings and it maintains this texture throughout the whole range until the notes die out.

I'm going to continue listening to both the Ember and the AerØ this week and do a proper write up after next weekend. I should have followed Tyson's advice and left it alone, but I'm a sucker for getting to play with cool stuff. This is definitely cool stuff.

-Lloyd

Pez

« Reply #36 on: 21 Aug 2022, 04:20 pm »
Rock on Lloyd! Thanks for your initial impressions. You nailed it on Ember vs Aero Cu. Both are excellent sonically. Aero just elevated everything with greater texture and detail.

From this point forward on the tour Ember has joined in.  :thumb:

royallie

« Reply #37 on: 21 Aug 2022, 06:35 pm »
well..this looks like very reliable device

SFDude

« Reply #38 on: 22 Aug 2022, 12:30 am »
So now that the Ember has joined the tour, it will be interesting to note the differences between a) your current USB cable, b) the Ember and c) the AerØ. I’m going into this with the assumption that if I can’t hear immediate differences between mine and the Hapa Audio duos, I will go down into a rabbit hole TRYING to discern them.

Should either be a quick tour stop or a pretty damn long one. 😳😳😳

Pez

« Reply #39 on: 23 Aug 2022, 12:26 am »
Yes indeed, per Lloyd’s request I included the Ember USB just back from the Ember tour along for the ride.

Generally folks have been pretty quick to hear the differences between the two Hapa USB cables and others. Lloyd nailed it with his description. Despite the fact that Aero Cu and Ember are two completely different designs top to bottom there is no commonality, they do share a sonic signature that really exemplifies the focus of what House Hapa is all about.