Question for iPhone gurus

richidoo

Question for iPhone gurus
« on: 21 Jan 2021, 06:41 pm »
I'm hoping some of you Apple experts here on AC might have some ideas about this.

I have iPhone 8, OS 14.2

I accidentally allowed iPhone to login to google and it downloaded all my backed up chrome bookmarks and put them all into one pile in my Safari Favorites folder. There are thousands of links and without their folder structure that they have in chrome they are unusable and I dont need them on my phone anyway.

The problem is that the only way I know to delete them is one at a time in safari bookmark screen, swipe left press delete. Ive been doing it for a couple hours but the slider on the side when i scan the list up and down doesn't get any bigger and barely moves when I swipe the list fast. So there's still tons left.

Is there a faster way to empty the favorites list in safari bookmarks?
I have found some solutions to this on apple forums for those using a Mac computer with a mouse and keyboard shortcuts to select all and delete but as I understand that's not possible on iPhone/iOS. My daughter has a macbook and was helpful using iCloud etc, but she doesnt know how to delete them en masse on the phone.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Rich