The Queen of the Lot was right.

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
The Queen of the Lot was right.
« on: 15 May 2016, 09:14 pm »
"Old age ain't for sissies". I need a place to vent. It all started about six weeks ago. My left hand swelled up like a balloon, and hurt like hell. Damn, I had no idea how important my sinister hand was. :wink: Physician said it's probably arthritis. Prescribed Prednisone. Which worked, but I had a colonoscopy scheduled within the time frame of the medication. Not good. Went through the procedure prep. Not fun at all. Had twenty- two polyps removed. I was awake during the whole procedure. The GI Doc filled me up with enough air to refloat the Titanic. Couldn't even tie my shoes to leave The House of Pain. Now, it seems I might have sciatica. To top that all off, we have an opiate problem where I live. Junkies are dropping like flies and the chances of getting pain meds have diminished accordingly. I need a drink.

Doc
« Last Edit: 16 May 2016, 03:11 am by Devil Doc »

ACHiPo

Re: The Queen of the Lot was right.
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2016, 09:38 pm »
Doc,
Vent away.  Sorry to hear of your troubles.  Hope things get straightened out and back to a more pleasant existence soon!
AC

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2016, 09:40 pm »
Age not funny and the finale is even badest.
Hope you get better soon.

stlrman

« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2016, 10:26 pm »
Sorry for your ailments.
remember when things are small in the scope of things . A swollen painful hand sucks as does a colonoscopy.
Thank God if you believe ,or your lucky stars if your a mostly healthy person, have never been ravaged by cancer, ( my first wife at 38, then the second  cancer while pregnant with our child,at 40)  My ex wife's sister, was given a few years at best at 46 years old.  I think she is seven or eight years out. A miracle, as 95% die within 5 years.
My first wife had nine operations to remove and rebuild.
Both daughter and X wife are very healthy now.  :thumb:
  My Uncle is a day from passing on (72) ,healthiest person I ever have known. 3-5 brain operations have left him a shell of the man he was five years ago., so they decided on no more operations.
 Be thankful for what you do have....

Guy 13

« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2016, 11:07 pm »
Hi Doc,
I'm now 68 and I consider myself in relative good health,
however, there is always some little things to spoil the last years of my life.
Sorry to hear about your health problem,
but if the doctor can solve it, then I guess it's O.K.

Guy 13

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2016, 02:18 am »
Welcome to my fucking world Doc!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2016, 10:17 am »
'At'sa no good.
They say misery loves company so chin up, I've been blowing pus out of my nose for the past month - how attractive is that?
They chucked a blob in a petri dish to see what will kill it off before it's off to surgery again.
I'm thinking Clorox might do the job.
I keep saying Isis treatment - just chop this head off as it's obviously defective and bolt on a new one like they did to Herman Munster.

Hope you're on the mend!