Hitch Bicycle Rack Recommendations

Doublej

Hitch Bicycle Rack Recommendations
« on: 1 Jun 2013, 05:13 pm »
I am going for it. I bought a trailer hitch for my CRV that I am going to try to install myself. If successful I'll need a bicycle rack for it. I'd prefer something that's easy to put on and take off as it will likely only get use about 6 times a year.

Thoughts on what to look for or stay away from?

LadyDog

Re: Hitch Bicycle Rack Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2013, 04:16 am »
A bit pricey depending on budget, but 1up makes the best hitch imo.  Less expensive, Id look at Saris, Thule, etc.

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2013, 12:04 am »
What kind of bike?  I have a Thule folding hitch rack that is super convenient, easy on, easy off, folds down to gain access to the back of my subaru but my modern bikes don't fit easily on it.   I am going to get rid of it.   I want something like this http://ratracks.com/ but I don't want to wait that long.   

Anyone know a good alternative for the above?

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jul 2013, 12:21 am »
One mountain bike plus one road bike. I purchased a Yakima Highlite 3. It has a couple of minor issues but gets the job done. Rock solid when driving with two bikes on it.

piperpilot12w

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2013, 06:58 pm »
I have a 1up. Very well made rack.

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2013, 12:48 am »
Big fan of Tuf Rack thus far.   I ordered one of their rack systems, it wasn't going to be in in time for a trip so they are lending me a demo rack for the long weekend here in Toronto.