AntiCables level 3 Reference Speaker Wires

undertow

Re: AntiCables level 3 Reference Speaker Wires
« Reply #20 on: 28 Jan 2014, 10:07 pm »
GR what are your favorite cables in the speaker and power cable realm?

Thanks

Danny Richie

« Reply #21 on: 28 Jan 2014, 10:25 pm »
GR what are your favorite cables in the speaker and power cable realm?

Thanks

My personal favorite for speakers cables, and what I am using now is the B-6 model from Electra Cable. http://www.electracable.com/speakercables.htm

And A lot of my system is now off the grid. So I am not using as many power cables as I used to. I have a few Electra Cable power cables and some home made power cables that I like. I find that power cables are more system dependent than other types of cables. And it depends on the amount of conditioning used with them. My best recommendation is to try various power cables to see (or hear) what works best for your system.

undertow

« Reply #22 on: 28 Jan 2014, 10:28 pm »
Off the Grid? Meaning Battery powered components?

undertow

« Reply #23 on: 29 Jan 2014, 01:25 am »
I checked out the Electracable and it is definitely an interesting one. Have you compared this to Kimber cable? Seems almost the identical geometry and design. Accept these claim a polyethylene insulator and I believe most Kimbers these days have Teflon dielectric.

Danny Richie

« Reply #24 on: 29 Jan 2014, 02:08 am »
I checked out the Electracable and it is definitely an interesting one. Have you compared this to Kimber cable? Seems almost the identical geometry and design. Accept these claim a polyethylene insulator and I believe most Kimbers these days have Teflon dielectric.

I am pretty sure Kimber uses PVC insulators all except the TC line and it is some kind of extruded fluorocarbon. And the Kimber is multi stranded. All of the Electra cable wire is solid core. So I think only some of the braiding technology is shared. And the Kimber cable doesn't come with tube connectors. The connectors are a really big deal.

undertow

« Reply #25 on: 29 Jan 2014, 05:51 am »
Ah, got ya... Definitely a difference with the solid core which I have always liked over stranded in general. I still have a set of old Audioquests somewhere with the solid conductors that can easily compete with some megabuck cables as well as rock and roll a little better still.

Thanks

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #26 on: 29 Jan 2014, 03:52 pm »
Ill keep you guys posted with which cables Pete is sending me, I just asked for the most popular options. Ill also point out of costs difference in the cables when I do my review.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #27 on: 29 Jan 2014, 04:23 pm »
Kimber uses polyethylene for their VS cables which also has a high purity copper wire.  In their TC series the copper is slightly better and is teflon insulated.  I don't normally recommend their PR series cables as they are only a modest improvement over generic cables.  I've heard some incredible systems over the years and the VS and TC cables just got out of the way and let the recording shine.  Ray Kimber knows his stuff.

I really like using the Electra cable wire Danny supplies for his kits.  It's very easy to shape and strip and is a good value for the money.

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #28 on: 29 Jan 2014, 07:05 pm »
My personal favorite for speakers cables, and what I am using now is the B-6 model from Electra Cable. http://www.electracable.com/speakercables.htm

Just shot an email to them as well, we will see if I can knock out a review of these as well.