Live end/dead end

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Live end/dead end
« on: 3 Jun 2003, 07:15 am »
Just curious, Bill, about your feelings concerning LE/DE rooms.  I'm still plotting what to do in that small, squarish room I mentioned earlier.  You're the pro here, but I'll admit that I'm a little skeptical that I can get the sound I want without some absorption, given plaster walls and hardwood floors.

My question is, would it be effective at all to try to blend a roompack, or parts of one (maybe corners and seems) into a package of dead end absorption behind the speakers?  Or do you thinks a small, lively square room can be tamed adequately with a roompack?

I'll soon be able to fax some pics or sketches of the room, and I know that'll help you visualize what I need, but I thought I'd run it by you in the meantime.

WilliamL

Agreed...
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2003, 01:57 pm »
Rob,

I agree with you: You will want some absorption. You just don't want to shut down the room and kill the music. Agree with you too about those plaster walls--don't flex much, not as porous; they tend to be bright and harbor lots of slap echo, which if my memory serves me correctly, will probably be an issue in that small room of yours. I seem to remember that the dimensions lent themselves to parallel surface slap/flutter.

Sure, you can combine a RoomPack with other treatments. Some of our customers do so with success. By the way, we have 100% customer satisfaction rate with our products, NOT ONE return ever.

Definately send us a sketch and/or picture. :idea:

Thanks,
Bill