Finally gonna do something about my listening room

youngho

Re: Finally gonna do something about my listening room
« Reply #20 on: 4 Jul 2019, 01:02 pm »
From F Alton Everest's Master Handbook of Acoustics:

Mike-48

« Reply #21 on: 4 Jul 2019, 04:20 pm »
Thanks, Anand and Young-Ho, for information about FSK in traps. I agree, it's important not to deaden the room while absorbing bass. I have experienced that (after using too many broadband absorbers), and it's not a great result.

Many commercial acoustic panels take a combination approach, covering all or part the rockwool or fiberglass with with perforated or slatted plates, strips of mylar, or membranes that diffuse or reflect higher frequencies. It's good to see homebrew options for those rolling their own.

Jazzman53

• Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
    • Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
« Reply #22 on: 6 Jul 2019, 01:03 am »
Today I finished the two corner traps shown below, and that completes all the panels I had planned for this project.  I will be out of town this weekend so it will be next week before I evaluate the results.  In total; I've built the three rear wall panels (two with 2" Rockwool 60 and center panel with 4" Rockwool 60), a single pedestal panel with 2" Rockwool 60, and two floor-to-ceiling corner traps with 6" of Rockwool 60. 

I didn't do a lot of research before starting this project, so I may need to make some additional changes, depending on the results.  Basically, I just wanted a couple of corner traps to tamp down the booming and something to catch the reflections off the wall behind my listening position. 

I will post some updates after a while. 

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #23 on: 7 Jul 2019, 03:29 am »
Nice work!We’ll cheer you on from the sidelines!

Best,
Anand.