SS8 floor spikes

ponch0069

SS8 floor spikes
« on: 21 Mar 2014, 06:45 am »
What are the SS8 floor spikes made  from?

jsalk

Re: SS8 floor spikes
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2014, 11:18 am »
What are the SS8 floor spikes made  from?

Aluminum.  Of course, if you prefer a different material, we could possibly custom-make some.  Or, if you find spikes made of other materials you like, we can install any insert required for those alternative spikes.

- Jim

ponch0069

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2014, 05:56 pm »
Aluminum is fine. I just couldn't make it out from the photos. I'm starting to audition speakers to replace my 18 year old Paradigm Studio 60.v1's. I live in Albuquerque so I'm going to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in October to hopefully give the SS8's and Legacy Signature SE a listen. I've narrowed it down to these two speakers. (Man researching speakers can drive a man crazy) The fact that the SS8's are shorter right now they are edging out the Signatures. I want to purchase three of the same speakers to place across the front of my listening area. What is the total height of the SS8's with the plinth and spikes? Hope to see you in October.

Thanks,
David

SCompRacer

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2014, 06:54 pm »
The plinth and spikes add 4" to my SS8's for a total height of 44". I also use spike pads which adds 1/2" or 44 & 1/2" tall for mine.

This is a pic of spike choices Jim sent me. I believe it is still current. One other thing is you have more finish choices available with the Salk's which makes them more of a custom individual fit and SQ wise, very hard to beat. You also have the option to dipole or block the rear of mid driver. This is not a paid announcement; just an extremely happy SS8 owner. ;)

ponch0069

« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2014, 03:35 am »
SCompRacer, thanks for the pictures and total hight info.  I do like the idea of more choices of finishes.