RE: Requesting Recommendations for 2.1 Speakers--with special limitations

macdaddyjakarta

Hi all--a long time lurker finally has a question!

I am in the market for a set of speakers matched with a sub. The speakers will be powered with a pair of IRD MB-100 monoblocks, via a NAD C-160 pre-amp. As you can tell, I am not looking for a mega budget set of speakers and sub. However, I am in Indonesia, so I can't get anything from an internet company--I need recs for speakers that I might find over here--most big names are here plus some smaller asian boutique manufacturers. One option for the speakers are a pair of Usher's low end monitors. They are available, seem to get great reviews, and are fairly cheap--around 350 US. My total budget is (hopefully) near 1K. I won't be playing stuff at massive volume--I am more interested in detail--perhaps some of you think a good pair of floor standers might be a better bet?

Thanks for any help--

chris

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
I'm thinking the Usher S-520 speakers...those ? I've heard them....nice speaker for the money.....and you get a choice of colors. :lol:

I've read a few reviews as well....on target. :wink:

darrenyeats

To answer your question, I hear good things about the active Blue Sky 2.1 products. Especially the latest update of System One (2 active drivers in each L/R speaker and an active 12" sub).

I believe they are used for movie post-production because of, amongst other things, their flat response.

Whatever you do...make sure you audition before you buy. Or, if absolutely necessary, at least purchase on a free return basis. Never commit to a purchase because of a review or recommendation alone!

Happy hunting, Darren