Nouveau

Neoneo

Nouveau
« on: 12 Mar 2023, 11:27 pm »
Bonjour,

Je me présente mon pseudo c'est neoneo et j'ai un dac x9 et le streamer 9 de nuprime. Je suis là pour trouver des informations sur mon matériel. Et j'espère y trouver des personnes sympas qui me répondront avec courtoisie.

Merci

adminRH

• Admin
Re: Nouveau
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2023, 01:15 am »
Hello,

I introduce myself my nickname is neoneo and I have a dac x9 and the streamer 9 of nuprime. I am here to find information about my equipment. And I hope to find nice people there who will answer me with courtesy.

Thanks

Anglais seulement s'il vous plaît

Welcome to AudioCircle!

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2023, 03:22 am »
Welcome!

Neoneo

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2023, 05:05 pm »
Anglais seulement s'il vous plaît

Welcome to AudioCircle!

Sorry.

Good morning, I introduce myself, my nickname is neoneo and I have a dac x9 and the streamer 9 from nuprime. I'm here to find information about my equipment. And I hope to find nice people there who will answer me with courtesy. THANKS

Neoneo

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2023, 05:06 pm »
Welcome!

Thank you. It's nice. :D

Neoneo

« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2023, 05:20 pm »
my nuprime stream 9 is connected to my nuprime x9 dac via hdmi.

i have a problem with my nuprime dac x9 which is plugged into my anthem mrx 1140 home theater amplifier. when i put the nuprime dac x9 in "fixed", and i use the analog rca output to connect it to my home amplifier anthem cinema to listen to music (quobuz, Amazon music and tunein), I have the sound which saturates a little, like a distortion, which increases with the volume of the Anthem. Should the volume of the external dac nuprime be lowered?

is this problem due to the fact that the rca output of the nuprime dac x9 is at 4V rms?

Thank you for your help

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2023, 05:38 pm »
Bonjour et Welcome to AC Neoneo   :thumb: 

Neoneo

« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2023, 08:07 pm »
Thank you.  8)

richidoo

« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2023, 01:56 am »
I can't find input voltage limit spec for the Anthem, but RCA voltage is typically 2Vrms so it's possibly an overload clipping, but Anthem is very well designed brand, so I think it should be able to handle 4V signal without clipping, but you never know.

The MRX1140 has input trim adjustment:
https://manuals.anthemav.com/mrx-avm/en/107
If the cause of the distortion is clipping the input opamp AND if the input trim attenuator is before the input opamp, then it should fix the problem. They describe input trim as meant for balancing different level inputs, not for accommodating too-hot signals, but might work.

I have Anthem STR Preamp, and my input trim does not engage the DSP, so I think it is analog IC attenuator before input stage.

richidoo

« Reply #9 on: 14 Mar 2023, 02:12 am »
https://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/anthem-mrx-740-1140-receivers

This review says the analog inputs are always digitized, and there is no pure analog signal path available.
The MRX preamp output stage RCA can output up to 5V, so the input should also handle 4V input without analog clipping.
But the ADC digital input level cannot be exceeded without digital clipping so a hot analog input could definitely cause digital clipping, but this also means that the analog input trim will definitely edit: SHOULD fix it, if the analog input trim attenuator is before the ADC.

If the MRX "input trim" happens after ADC then the signal is already clipped and digital input trim can't restore it.

So then you will need to reduce NuPrime DAC output voltage, either by using the variable output setting, or with a simple external resistor pad between NuPrime DAC and Anthem MRX.
Something like this, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006MZN72  but with better quality resistors.

Neoneo

« Reply #10 on: 14 Mar 2023, 06:28 pm »
Thank you for your very technical and precise answer. I'll try to play on the input trim setting to see what it does and I'll let you know. anyway I put the dac x9 at 87db and I no longer have a saturation problem.

THANKS

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #11 on: 16 Mar 2023, 11:10 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb: