I am going to have to sell my NX Studio's for a pair of these! OR NOT

fre11111

• Industry Participant
I always encourage people to add a subwoofer to complete the spectrum and add a ton of room and space in the Soundstage. But in my case I do not have the luxury to put another box and wires in my system. So a mostly fullrange speaker will be optimum.

Early B.

EDIT: I have been "talked down" and will probably keep my studio's :roll:

Smart move!!! Hey, I had to be talked off the ledge a few weeks ago, so it happens.   

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
Smart move!!! Hey, I had to be talked off the ledge a few weeks ago, so it happens.

Yes I am keeping my Studio's

What sub or sub's I go for is up in the air. My budget is only about $1000 to $1200 and I would like to get at least 2.

Options
GRR
Servo Sealed Kit (Single) $649, plus Single Sealed Servo Subwoofer Assembled (Single) $450, plus shipping unkown but maybe $100ish. Puts me at $1200ish each.
Servo Sealed Plus Kit (Single) $898 plus Single Sealed Servo Subwoofer Assembled (Single) $450, plus shipping unkown but maybe $100ish. Puts me at $1450ish each.
To get 2 puts me in the $2400 to $2700 range. I could get 1 in June and 1 in september.
Old School Brute Kit $1200 Assembled flat pack $1100 plus 3 sheets NoRez $150 Unkown shipping. $2450 plus shipping. I would have to wait untill fall to get.

Rythmik
L12 Sealed sub with Udc Hypex amp $629. I could get 2 for $1260. $0 to $8 for shipping.
F12 Direct Servo subwoofer with  A370XLR3 amp $1139 I could get 2 for $2280 $0 to $8 for shipping.
F12G  Direct Servo subwoofer with 370WRMS A370PEQ amplifier $1199 I could get 2 for $2400  $0 to $8 for shipping. Danny driver version
FM8 Direct Servo bass and midbass subwoofer Dual 8" drivers $985 I could get 2 for $1970 $0 to $8 for shipping. This is my best choice but I would have to wait untill fall to get 2.

Starke Audio
SW12 2 each on BOGO sale this month  $799 free shipping. But then I would have to wait 2 more months to get my tv. I want tv more at this point.
SW10 4 each on BOGO deals in june for $499 per BOGO deal for $1000 free shipping. I like this one.
Not servo controlled, no app, just basic subs. With 4 I would have a lot of placement options

SVS
SB-1000 Pro Subwoofer 2 each for $1,149.99 comes with app free shipping. This one is doable.
SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer 2 each for $1,699.99 comes with app free shipping.

Any options other from you would be wellcome

thanks,
wayne

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
The Rythmik L12 is essentially our base level servo kit with a slightly different driver, and a fairly lightly constructed cabinet.
On a budget it's a killer option for servo controlled subs, I added NoRez to my unit to compensate.
A single L12 was able to put out plenty of bass into my dad's living room, adding a second will give you even more headroom and impact. Ran circles around my dad's cheap, ported, Velodyne sub.

The F12G is the same as our Servo "Plus" kits, fairly well cross-braced, using our custom woofer and A370PEQ woofer, which offers more control and a little extra headroom per driver.

Either of those options will be solid imo, and won't require any extra assembly or shipping costs.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
The Rythmik L12 is essentially our base level servo kit with a slightly different driver, and a fairly lightly constructed cabinet.
On a budget it's a killer option for servo controlled subs, I added NoRez to my unit to compensate.
A single L12 was able to put out plenty of bass into my dad's living room, adding a second will give you even more headroom and impact. Ran circles around my dad's cheap, ported, Velodyne sub.

The F12G is the same as our Servo "Plus" kits, fairly well cross-braced, using our custom woofer and A370PEQ woofer, which offers more control and a little extra headroom per driver.

Either of those options will be solid imo, and won't require any extra assembly or shipping costs.
Thank You so much Hobbsmeerkat :thumb:
I place a lot of value in your opinions and responses.