I am going to have to sell my NX Studio's for a pair of these! OR NOT

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
So the Brute's, I want them :thumb:

EDIT: I have been "talked down" and will probably keep my studio's :roll:

« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2023, 10:38 am by wgraft5 »

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
I would be interested but I’m in the Midwest.  Then again, I have too many speakers right now.  :duh:

2bigears

:D sold. But ya gotta ship.  :D

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
I dont have boxes and would have to ship on a pallet with a shipping company. That would be a your cost, I am guessing $200 - $400 or more to ship. I dont drive butt personaly delivering by renting a car-suv might be doable. Again at your cost.
Let me know if you are really interested.

Early B.

Oh, man. I think a lot of people would be interested in your impressions of the Brutes vs. NX-Studio (with sub(s)). 

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
So I have been disappointed and frustrated with the Studios because they dont have mid bass impact or slam. I really dont want to spend $2k to $4k on subs. I would give up airyness for feel it in your chest slam with no problem.
I tend to listen to bass heavy music, EDM, techno, rock, drumming, and the like. Here is an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E04I1tSMe9s. When I listen to that song nothing in the chest, cant feel a thing.
I guess I made the wrong choice for the music I listen to :duh:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
So I have been disappointed and frustrated with the Studios because they dont have mid bass impact or slam. I really dont want to spend $2k to $4k on subs. I would give up airyness for feel it in your chest slam with no problem.
I tend to listen to bass heavy music, EDM, techno, rock, drumming, and the like. Here is an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E04I1tSMe9s. When I listen to that song nothing in the chest, cant feel a thing.

Yeah, the Brutes are going to give you much more of a 'punch you in the chest' type of experience for that music.  Sealed boxes with big woofers really slam, when matched with a proper amp. 

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.

No sub?  One or two sealed servo subs might help.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
No sub?  One or two sealed servo subs might help.

Like I said, I dont want to spend thousands of dollars on subs. I allready have more than $1500 into the studio's. I just want one pair of full range speakers.

Tyson, I agree. I do have a pair of Odyssey Audio Stratos Mono Extreams.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Like I said, I dont want to spend thousands of dollars on subs. I allready have more than $1500 into the studio's. I just want one pair of full range speakers.

Tyson, I agree. I do have a pair of Odyssey Audio Stratos Mono Extreams.

Then you are all set.

jn316

Re: I am going to have to sell my NX Studio's for a pair of these!
« Reply #10 on: 12 Mar 2023, 01:30 am »
I'll be up that way in July...but I'm guessing they will be sold by then.  :duh:

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #11 on: 12 Mar 2023, 01:43 am »
I'll be up that way in July...but I'm guessing they will be sold by then.  :duh:

I can wait. I want local pickup. Plus that would save you shipping charges. Also you can check them out before you buy.
Let me know if you really want them. :thumb:
PM me if you want.
If they do sell, I will let you know. But the local pickup will keep buyer pool small.

Thank You to everyone :thumb:

bhassel

Re: I am going to half to sell my NX Studio's for a pair of these!
« Reply #12 on: 12 Mar 2023, 03:49 am »

I can't help but think about the NX-Studio on top and the Brut or Bully bottom end for the bass...

Bob

cjsailer

« Reply #13 on: 12 Mar 2023, 04:19 am »
Love how you handled the xover, that's a nice pair of speakers there.

Jon L

« Reply #14 on: 12 Mar 2023, 04:21 am »
So I have been disappointed and frustrated with the Studios because they dont have mid bass impact or slam. I really dont want to spend $2k to $4k on subs.

As Danny mentions, it will be a challenge to integrate the Brute's 12" bass drivers in typical rooms, especially without the ability to adjust the bass volume/EQ.  You might get too much of you ask for.  I personally would choose two small 12" sealed subs with adjustable location and volume. 
You can get two of these SVS 12" sealed subs for $450/each:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AF88C0M/ref=emc_b_5_t

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #15 on: 12 Mar 2023, 04:37 am »
Hey Wayne,
While I completely approve of new speaker build projects, I know for a fact a pair of sealed subs do wonders for those speakers. While I would love a pair of servo subs, I settled (for now) for 2 SVS SB2000 subs. I bought one a long time ago, and another a year or two later. I have them tuned to be pretty close to flat down to 20 (+3ish down low actually) which means keeping them really low volume but letting them smooth everything and pick up underneath. If you wanted to check it out before you sell your set, just let me know. I'm just up in Vancouver. I know my system isn't perfect, but it could give you a taste of Studios & Subs.

-Lloyd

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #16 on: 12 Mar 2023, 05:38 am »
I can't help but think about the NX-Studio on top and the Brut or Bully bottom end for the bass...

Bob
If only that was an option. I had been thinking the same thing. Danny would have to redesign the box and the crossover would need to be modified with just the woofer low pass/high pass and then the crossover point would be wrong. So I dont think that will happen.

As Danny mentions, it will be a challenge to integrate the Brute's 12" bass drivers in typical rooms, especially without the ability to adjust the bass volume/EQ.  You might get too much of you ask for.  I personally would choose two small 12" sealed subs with adjustable location and volume. 
You can get two of these SVS 12" sealed subs for $450/each:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AF88C0M/ref=emc_b_5_t
I have been looking at cheaper alternatives. SVS, RSL Speedwoofer, and lately Stark Audio. Stark Audio has a lot of good feedback. Also they have BOGO deals and free shipping. The SW10 goes for $499, so I could get four of them for $1000 on 2 BOGO deals. They will be on BOGO in June. Now they have the SW12 for $799 BOGO but I have been saving for a new a LG QNED85 Series 65" QNED Mini-LED Smart TV and will get that next month. I killed my 55" tv a few months ago want to get it replaced asap.
Hey Wayne,
While I completely approve of new speaker build projects, I know for a fact a pair of sealed subs do wonders for those speakers. While I would love a pair of servo subs, I settled (for now) for 2 SVS SB2000 subs. I bought one a long time ago, and another a year or two later. I have them tuned to be pretty close to flat down to 20 (+3ish down low actually) which means keeping them really low volume but letting them smooth everything and pick up underneath. If you wanted to check it out before you sell your set, just let me know. I'm just up in Vancouver. I know my system isn't perfect, but it could give you a taste of Studios & Subs.

-Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, I may just take you up on that offer next month after I get my tv. I guess I'm just at my wits end and over reacting :duh:

Getting the 4 SW10's is still a viable option.

fre11111

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: 12 Mar 2023, 11:15 am »
I want a set of Brutes too.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Another option for a sub that will give you the most bang for your buck is the GR Servo Sealed Kit (single) for $649. https://gr-research.com/product/servo-sub-kit-2/ This gives you a 12" servo sub driver and an HX310-PEQ amp. The amp has fully adjustable volume, phase/delay, and crossover controls; two bass extension settings; and a single band equalizer to control a bass hump. For the most connection and integration options Danny has the Sealed Servo Kit Plus (Single) kit for $898. Same driver but with the more powerful and adjustable A370PEQ amp. https://gr-research.com/product/sub-series-servo-sealed/

I'd suggest starting with one of these kits and place the sub in the room for best bass response. I have one with the A370 amp in my living room system mated to a pair of Danny's N3 transmission line towers. For me the best spot turned out to be directly behind the couch in what is referred to as a nearfield sub placement. Once properly integrated, you do not know the sub is behind the couch. It sounds like the bass is coming from the front speakers. This system is used for both music and home theater and the sub has more than enough punch to shake the couch, rattle the walls, and punch you in the chest.

The way I see it, it is better to have one servo sub that has enough adjustability to be properly integrated with the main speaker than to have multiple non-servo subs that don't have enough adjustability. Then, if later on you decide you want a second sub you can add it.

Jon L

« Reply #19 on: 12 Mar 2023, 07:47 pm »
Now they have the SW12 for $799 BOGO

THIS is the way... Forget the 10" sealed subs.