M3 Sappphires in Walnut

lazbisme

M3 Sappphires in Walnut
« on: 4 Mar 2023, 05:31 pm »
these are listed in US AUDIOMART      I am not associated in any way just posting F Y I

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649956301-spacial-audio-labs-m3-sapphire-open-baffle-speakers/images/4337241/

RonN5

Re: M3 Sappphires in Walnut
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2023, 07:57 pm »
i'm not sure why this seller suggests palletizing as they were originally shipped by Spatial in 3 boxes...no pallets.  These boxes are well constructed and the speakers are well protected by custom foam inserts.  Two boxes hold the panels and weigh about 60 lbs and the other box holds the crossovers and weighs about 25 lbs.

If you open an account with FEDEX and then use fedex ground home delivery and enter these as a three box shipment showing the weight only (size is not required) and then home pick up...it looks like you can ship them most anywhere in the country, fully insured for $3-500....if you do decide to add the box dimensions, you will see the price go up by 50%.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/online/rating.html#

Mr. Big

« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2023, 06:59 am »
i'm not sure why this seller suggests palletizing as they were originally shipped by Spatial in 3 boxes...no pallets.  These boxes are well constructed and the speakers are well protected by custom foam inserts.  Two boxes hold the panels and weigh about 60 lbs and the other box holds the crossovers and weighs about 25 lbs.

If you open an account with FEDEX and then use fedex ground home delivery and enter these as a three box shipment showing the weight only (size is not required) and then home pick up...it looks like you can ship them most anywhere in the country, fully insured for $3-500....if you do decide to add the box dimensions, you will see the price go up by 50%.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/online/rating.html#

I would not trust UPS or Fed-X in this era with a larger pair of speakers or anything of value. Anything I sell nowadays except for cables is a local sale only. Peace of mind for me the seller and the buyer, and using pallents is a smart way of shipping they are secure and not manhandled by UPS and Fed-X at their loading facilities where all they care about is how fast you can load the trucks.

Tin Ear McBeats

« Reply #3 on: 5 Mar 2023, 07:26 am »
Hello, first time post here. Assuming someone did want these, how could you be assured that the packages were packed correctly?
The guy seems to have zero interest in helping with the shipping process. I think you would need a friend to do it and hand it off to fedex.

Tarheel

« Reply #4 on: 5 Mar 2023, 02:33 pm »
Not a bad price.  I bet the Walnut baffles were an upgrade.  It was on my Sapele M4s.

forky

« Reply #5 on: 6 Mar 2023, 02:09 pm »
Hello, first time post here. Assuming someone did want these, how could you be assured that the packages were packed correctly?
The guy seems to have zero interest in helping with the shipping process. I think you would need a friend to do it and hand it off to fedex.

I'm sure they are packed well because I packed them.  :)  For the two main big boxes all 4 pieces of original foam are there. I did somehow lose the plastic bag for one of them before you put them in the foam so I wrapped with saran wrap. In the other box with the stands/crossovers, I couldn't remember how they were packed and had too much foam pieces along with the GAIAs and I also included the isoacoustics carpet /teeth thingys along with all of the original spikes that came with the speakers. In college and just out of college I worked for a moving company and have packed probably over 200 houses and am confident everything is well protected. They also made it from VA to FL last July with similar packing by me - although Clayton did the hard work of manufacturing (and/or designing) the custom  foam inserts for the main speaker parts (uprights).

So yes, these are my old speakers. I don't know the seller outside our transaction but is a genuinely good person as far as I can pick up on from our communication and meeting him about 4-5 weeks ago. I let him know that Spatial shipped via UPS so he should be able to ship via UPS.

RonN5

« Reply #6 on: 6 Mar 2023, 02:55 pm »
I consider the thread I linked below to be the definitive thread on M3 Sapphire packing....thank you Newzoo..... Two things are evident...the wrapping in saran wrap is fine as an alternative for protecting the finish...and for holding the tweeter protector foam and crossover connector foam in place.  And as you can see from the big custom foam insert that envelopes the speaker, it is extremely well protected.

Another thing I might note is that for probably less than $150 or so, a cabinet/furniture refinisher could come to the house and do a pretty good job with the scratch....probably not eliminate it completely but get it to the point where it is hardly visible.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=177919.0

forky

« Reply #7 on: 6 Mar 2023, 03:01 pm »
I consider the thread I linked below to be the definitive thread on M3 Sapphire packing....thank you Newzoo..... Two things are evident...the wrapping in saran wrap is fine as an alternative for protecting the finish...and for holding the tweeter protector foam and crossover connector foam in place.  And as you can see from the big custom foam insert that envelopes the speaker, it is extremely well protected.

Another thing I might note is that for probably less than $150 or so, a cabinet/furniture refinisher could come to the house and do a pretty good job with the scratch....probably not eliminate it completely but get it to the point where it is hardly visible.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=177919.0

Yes that is a great thread and I read it a few times before my M3s arrived in late-ish 2021. I did have the bags for the stands/crossovers too.

I have no idea how I scratched that one on the side but it was at our old house. I can only guess either myself or someone else (contractor) was carrying something and bumped them. But yes, it is relatively small / minor and agree someone with some wood skills could probably "patch" that up well. I had forgotten about it - even walking by them often here in FL and only remembered it was there when I was taking pictures for the seller.