Aloha From Honolulu, Hawaii!

rennwerkes

Aloha From Honolulu, Hawaii!
« on: 11 Feb 2023, 06:01 am »
Aloha everyone!
I've been using HeadFi, AudioAsylum, and USAudioMart but can't believe I never ran across this forum before!  Glad I found it.
I'm retired and spending WAY too much time buying equipment. LOL!
I used to be more into a regular stereo setup (turntable, amps, speakers, etc.) but find myself gravitating to headphones and iems. 
Can't wait to see what information is here.

Blackmore

Re: Aloha From Honolulu, Hawaii!
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2023, 12:32 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle.  Glad you found us!

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2023, 02:15 pm »
Welcome!

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2023, 04:54 pm »
Welcome! Have fun!

Cheers,
Pete

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2023, 01:10 am »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Craig Young

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2023, 04:55 pm »
Aloha,

I have been spending a lot of time learning about the audio world and it has been a steep learning curve for me. I have just made some purchases and getting closer to building my OB speakers from a kit. I am also here in Honolulu and looking forward for the high winds to die down.

I was also looking into setting up a headphone listening station, but that maybe I will move on that later.

rennwerkes

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2023, 06:22 am »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

rennwerkes

« Reply #7 on: 13 Feb 2023, 06:26 am »
Aloha,

I have been spending a lot of time learning about the audio world and it has been a steep learning curve for me. I have just made some purchases and getting closer to building my OB speakers from a kit. I am also here in Honolulu and looking forward for the high winds to die down.

I was also looking into setting up a headphone listening station, but that maybe I will move on that later.

Craig,
I've been at this crazy obsession on and off since the 80's! 
But I'm an old fut now so like the convenience of streaming where I can sit on the couch and just use a remote for everything! LOL!
Winds have been crazy for some time.
Aloha,
Dean

Craig Young

« Reply #8 on: 13 Feb 2023, 05:25 pm »
Hi Dean,
I purchased some equipment then learned about room correction and wanted to switch to headphones, but maybe I will add that later after I switch my listening to a larger room and decorate it with room correction goodies. I will stick with streaming and later add Tidal and Roon. I am retired  also as an Electronics Mechanic with too many hobbies. I have only been learning about Audio for a few months now which is making me feel like a kid again.