DIY enthusiast says Hello! (a "few" years late :)

jrz

Hi all! ..And greetings from eastern Finland, nordic Europe. I am an audiophile spent some time in DIY hi-fi and mostly reading interesting project logs. I've been here since 2009. Hovever, this short intro was never posted at the first place. So, now 13+ years later, I say how to all :)

My hobby with HiFi equipment started in early 2000 by making my 1st speakers from a commercial 2-way kit (www.harrinkaiutin.fi). After that I have been studying, designing, building, modifying and listening a lot of speakers (of course, instead of listening the music!) and also amps (solid state and tube ones) with high satisfaction level and sometimes not that high at all. Nowadays, my main system has Open Baffle speakers with Eminence 15" Beta pair with a Visaton B200. The amp is a chinese made Raphaelite SINOVT PP EL34.

Nice to be a part of the Circle!

/Jrz

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Re: DIY enthusiast says Hello! (a "few" years late :)
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2023, 04:03 pm »
Nice system and welcome to Audio Circle.
I no longer have an open baffle speaker, but enjoyed using B200s for several years.

Jazzman53

• Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
    • Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2023, 08:06 pm »
Welcome JRZ,

It's always nice to welcome a fellow speaker builder.  Have you considered building ESL's? 
I'm a long-time ESL designer/builder in Savannah, GA USA with a website dedicated building them.

Enjoy the AC!
Charlie   

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2023, 08:12 pm »
Welcome!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2023, 11:43 am »
Welcome!

As a 17 year old I stayed with a Finnish family for 5 weeks on a cultural exchange via the Lion's club during the summer of 1974.  We were on a farm 80 km west of Helsinki and we traveled to Lapland, Norway, and Sweden.  Had a great time, learned the value of time versus money.

Those Harrinkariutin loudspeakers look interesting.  Unfortunately I remember almost no Finnish language.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #5 on: 8 Feb 2023, 08:43 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC jrz   :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 8 Feb 2023, 11:35 pm »
Nowadays, my main system has Open Baffle speakers with Eminence 15" Beta pair with a Visaton B200. The amp is a chinese made Raphaelite SINOVT PP EL34.
Welcome to AC, please dont be shy to post photos  :thumb: