X3 Possible issues on right channel low end

dlynch34

X3 Possible issues on right channel low end
« on: 17 Jan 2023, 05:17 pm »
Anyone seen issues with their x3 by chance.  My right speaker appears to have a big dip on the low frequency.

WGH

Re: X3 Possible issues on right channel low end
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2023, 05:47 pm »
Switch the left and right speakers, it could be your room.

dlynch34

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2023, 06:03 pm »
thanks I also noticed a gain dial in the back of the x3s I have never touched these before the left channel one was in the top position and the right one was near the bottom position.. Not sure what this gain is used for...

Daryl Zero

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2023, 08:36 pm »
thanks I also noticed a gain dial in the back of the x3s I have never touched these before the left channel one was in the top position and the right one was near the bottom position.. Not sure what this gain is used for...

The gain is for the woofer. Even them out but most of us have each near or at full volume.

Use them well, brother.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2023, 08:54 pm »
Gain sets how loud the woofer is.

mrotino332

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jan 2023, 02:05 pm »
I'm surprised you weren't aware of the gain knob but at least you know now.  That is in my opinion one of the best features of this speaker.  Adjust the gain knob to the level on how present you like the low bass quantity to be as listened from your seating position.  Everyone will probably prefer a different amount of bass gain but you should adjust it so the bass blends in well with the rest of the sound to your liking.  The knob is just a bass level control.  It really affects the whole presentation in my opinion and gives you some extra flexibility in speaker positioning.  I have mine set on the X5s actually close to the upper limit and find that gives the best overall presentation.

Mr. Big

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jan 2023, 03:00 pm »
The bottom end of any speaker supports all of the above including the high-end.

morganc

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jan 2023, 10:57 pm »
Anyone seen issues with their x3 by chance.  My right speaker appears to have a big dip on the low frequency.

Simple Trouble shoot guide:
1. Turn gain up and re-measure.
2. If you still have issues then two options: your speaker or your room.
3. Switch speakers R to L and the re-measure and
4.  if measurement remains the same it is your room.

Daryl Zero

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jan 2023, 08:30 pm »
dlynch34, I hope you will post an update.

dlynch34

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jan 2023, 04:17 pm »
hey yea so oddly I found the issue on the right side and turned the gain from zero all the way up to match the left side to correct the issue.  Now TODAY my left although the gain is all the way up does not appear to be producing any low frequency ... anyone seen this issue before and if so any suggestions?

morganc

« Reply #10 on: 20 Jan 2023, 04:31 pm »
As stated above it it's not your speaker it's your room.

dlynch34

« Reply #11 on: 20 Jan 2023, 04:44 pm »
no its not I had it dialed in perfectly... and if it was my room it would have continued to be my right channel.. this time it was the left.  So in my excitement of turning up the gain on both sides to equal measure what I failed to do once my system was turned off was to turn off the amps in the x3s... this caused a low noise frequency... I think in doing so it reset the level on the amp of my left channel to P3... I am not sure what those p2, p3 etc are...but I put it back to p2 and that lower woofer is now doing its thing again... any suggestions on the amps needing turned off in some sort of automatic solution?..

RonN5

« Reply #12 on: 20 Jan 2023, 04:53 pm »
I'm pretty sure the amps on the speakers are hypex fusion amps that go into sleep mode when not seeing a signal....you can look at the amp model number...google it and then look at whatever instructions you can find for operating that amp and resetting if needed.......sure, Spatial may have modified it somewhat...but the basics are probably the same.

For example:

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/hypex-electronics/

dlynch34

« Reply #13 on: 20 Jan 2023, 05:00 pm »
Thanks Ron the amp settings were different on the right channel vs the left.  Once I put the left channel on "p2" it matched the right side and resolved the issue... I never got an actual manual with these since I bought these 2nd hand so probably has something about them in there.

RonN5

« Reply #14 on: 20 Jan 2023, 05:26 pm »
that is great news...

I'm pretty sure that the number is on the amp and that you can find the manual on line...but you will probably never need it anyway.

mrotino332

« Reply #15 on: 20 Jan 2023, 08:03 pm »
I have to double check but I believe on mine the amps always default to P1.  P1 is the DSP enabled mode with the bass eq program that Clayton programs the hypex amps with.  I tried P2 and for the same position on the bass level knob the bass quality is lower and not as impactful.  So I would check to see what the amps default to when you turn them on and they probably should default to P1.  If not then listen to both speakers in P1 and P2 modes and see what differences you hear.  One should be the eq'd mode and the other just the flat non eq'd mode.  P3 I believe is also the non Eq'd mode.

To avoid the amp rumble sound I turn on my integrated amplifier first then switch on both hypex amps.  When I finish listening I do the opposite and switch off both hypex amps then lastly switch off my integrated amp.  I don't get any feedback/rumble doing it that way.

dlynch34

« Reply #16 on: 21 Jan 2023, 01:27 pm »
Thanks I let my Trinnov control the input curves on all my speakers so I think for that part I am good as for as a response.  I found a Trigger switch that I am going to hook up to my system and this should take care of the rumble issue automatically for me.  Thanks gents for all the input these are truly remarkable speakers.