Vevor Record Cleaning Machine

Rocket

Vevor Record Cleaning Machine
« on: 24 Dec 2022, 01:35 am »
Hi Guys,

I've heard about an ultrasonic record cleaning machine from Vevor here in Australia. I'm seriously considering buying as it is so affordable. I thought someone might be interested in this product.

https://www.vevor.com.au/ultrasonic-cleaner-c_11064/vevor-ultrasonic-cleaner-6l-vinyl-record-ultra-sonic-cleaning-machine-knob-p_010181752438?v_tag=ea9e9581-832a-11ed-b3aa-efb281b148eb.4

Review

https://www.gadgetguy.com.au/vevor-ultrasonic-vinyl-record-cleaner/

I listened to the YouTube video and the vevor is noisy as anything. I guess if it does the job...

Cheers Rod

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Vevor Record Cleaning Machine
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2022, 05:01 am »
Looks a lot like what I built when Chinese ultrasonic cleaners got cheap. 
I should work great, and the price is certainly right.  I think you'll be very happy with it 

mick wolfe

« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2022, 05:40 pm »
Yes, I have a similar Happybuy Chinese ultrasonic. Works just fine here with no complaints.

Stasis2023

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jan 2023, 12:59 am »
Good ones are really expensive.  They do have some affordable ones as of late.  Please do a review if you decide to get one.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right

mick wolfe

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2023, 09:10 pm »
As mentioned in an earlier post, I have a Happybuy ultrasonic. This is a somewhat similar design and price point. From what I've gathered thru the years, it's best to space the records so there's roughly a 1" spacing between them. This spacing in theory makes for a more efficient and thorough ultrasonic cleaning process for each individual record.. Bottom line, although I could stack 6 or possibly even eight records together for one cleaning cycle, I only choose to clean 3 in one cycle. This leaves a generous 1"+ spacing between the records. I clean 30-36 records per session using this method and I'm pleased with the results. Needless to say, a new batch of cleaning solution is mixed for the next session. FWIW, the final step in a session is a distilled water rinse and vac with a Nitty Gritty.

bkatbamna

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2023, 06:52 pm »
I bought mine from walmart dot com.  Got it for less than $200 shipped to me.  Got it from walmart because if it stops working, I can just return it locally.  That being said, I have some Indian classical Lps that you cannot get now anywhere. 
Long story short: it works a lot better than anything I've used in the past.  Granted, I have not used a vacuum record cleaning machine but it has made records that had pops and clicks fairly silent.
So I would definitely recommend.

Rocket

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2023, 12:40 am »
Hi Guys,

The Vevor record cleaner is now out of stock. Its a little cheaper than the Happy Buy record cleaner but that is in stock they look pretty similar though. I just bought some secondhand records so I definitely need to buy this.

Cheers Rod

mick wolfe

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jan 2023, 03:38 pm »
Hi Guys,

The Vevor record cleaner is now out of stock. Its a little cheaper than the Happy Buy record cleaner but that is in stock they look pretty similar though. I just bought some secondhand records so I definitely need to buy this.

Cheers Rod

FWIW, I've been pleased with the Happy Buy. 

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #9 on: 21 Jan 2023, 04:17 pm »
FWIW, I've been pleased with the Happy Buy.

How noisy are they, and how long to clean the record on average?

Most everyone seems to limit the number of records in each cycle to an average max of three, so spending for the eight record carrier is a waste.  I had such visions of grandeur....

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2023, 04:25 pm »
How noisy are they, and how long to clean the record on average?

It depends on the frequency.  At ultrasonic frequencies they are extremely loud... over 110 dB.  Is it potentially damaging to your ears? That is not well documented.  You can't hear it, but that doesn't mean it's not there. 
Cleaning time?  I use 3 minutes at 3 rpm.   Works well for me. 

mick wolfe

« Reply #11 on: 22 Jan 2023, 04:21 pm »
Exactly. My dog would leave the room or even go outside. This while I was scratching my head wondering what his problem was  :scratch: