Stream 9 Firmware update

Fenek

Stream 9 Firmware update
« on: 3 Dec 2022, 05:00 pm »

A few days ago, I updated the firmware of the Stream9 to the latest version. Now gapless play ist possible with omnia App,
But not with bubbleupnp, or I didn't found the right button to make ist possible. Has anybody experience to do so?

But the main issue after the Update is playing Qobuz in HiRes makes more problems than before. Tracks with more than 96 kHz are producing additional noise or are interrupted.

rustydoglim

Re: Stream 9 Firmware update
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2022, 07:14 pm »
The latest Android app version is 3.1.11.220928.962192
The latest iOS app version is 2.8.11328
This latest version added support for gapless playback: Stream-9 firmware version: 4.6.430032.48
Your WiFi network must be non-congested and have a strong signal to stream 24/96K or higher; otherwise, there will be some noise.
We will continue to work on making Stream-9 more tolerant of network issues.

Fenek

« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2022, 10:44 am »
Ist's not a Network issue, the Stream Mini ist running well in the same network. Videos in 4k can bei streamed also in this Network

Larsf333

« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2022, 01:33 pm »
I agree with Fenek, the stream 9 has become less stable after the last firmware update,
I have not had to restart the streamer while running the old firmware, but after the last update, it has been necessary.
In order to activate presets, some time I have to press 2 or 3 times, before the selected program starts.

Fenek

« Reply #4 on: 8 Dec 2022, 10:33 am »
Is it possible to change the Stream 9 to the previous firmware?
the performance of HiRes tracks is not acceptable...

No HI Res problems with omnia stream mini!

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 9 Dec 2022, 08:48 am »
We can only go forward. The performance issue is experienced by some users, perhaps it is network-dependent. Anyway, there is another update coming soon, with much improvement. I will follow up with the version number as soon as it is uploaded.

rustydoglim

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2022, 01:48 pm »
Version 4.6.437743.52 fixes the noise problem—finally, gapless high-res streaming.

wildenbeest

• Audio Animal
« Reply #7 on: 15 Dec 2022, 01:41 pm »
Perhaps and that sounds good but since the firmware update 3 - 4 weeks ago the stream 9 can only find my NAS when I reboot about 4 times and losses its connection after about 5 minutes. The device becomes useless for my use this way.
I really hope you can fix this first.
My network is very good and my WiFi is very strong.
Rob

rustydoglim

« Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2022, 05:11 am »
The new firmware was only updated this week. Did you obtain the latest version?

wildenbeest

• Audio Animal
« Reply #9 on: 16 Dec 2022, 09:22 am »
Yes , I did

rustydoglim

« Reply #10 on: 16 Dec 2022, 10:12 am »
We haven't heard from anyone else having a similar problem with NAS.
What are the model of your NAS and the file format?

wildenbeest

• Audio Animal
« Reply #11 on: 16 Dec 2022, 10:52 am »
I use a synology DS218

wildenbeest

• Audio Animal
« Reply #12 on: 16 Dec 2022, 10:53 am »
File format: FLAC
It worked all well until 3-4 weeks ago.

wildenbeest

• Audio Animal
« Reply #13 on: 17 Dec 2022, 02:10 pm »
At this moment I listen to an album on my NAS, after the 4th time resetting to factory settings and making new connection with the WiFi network , I was able to play music from the NAS. Still listening to the same album, but the app doesn’t have contact with the NAS anymore. So the streamer keeps playing from the NAS but the Omnia app has lost its connection.

rustydoglim

« Reply #14 on: 17 Dec 2022, 08:57 pm »
We have to investigate this issue. Synology has a DLNA player app. Give it a try.

Anyone else streaming from NAS ?

wildenbeest

• Audio Animal
« Reply #15 on: 18 Dec 2022, 10:58 am »
Thank you Rusty for thinking with me. The synology app works good it is very stable, only the high resolution flac files won’t play, but that is ok for now.
I hope you can fix the problem with the omnia app.

wildenbeest

• Audio Animal
« Reply #16 on: 20 Dec 2022, 03:14 pm »
Now 2 days of disappointments later. The synology app is working but it seems very much that the stream 9 is a very hard time to be detected in the network.
All my other devices are constantly visible but the stream 9 needs more than one factory resets every time I want to use it. Streaming spotify is no problem at all , but the network connection is a very big issue.
I hope you can find a solution for this, I use the stream 9 for 1,5 year now and this was never a problem.

Fenek

« Reply #17 on: 31 Dec 2022, 08:46 am »
well done!
After playing the latest firmware several days I notice:
- better stability
- gapless play possible with Omnia App and bubbleupnp also!
- No more noise in HiRes Tracks.

Thanks to  you and your software team!

rustydoglim

« Reply #18 on: 1 Jan 2023, 07:58 pm »
Thank you for your update. The latest firmware 4.6.439250.52 fixed any remaining noise problem.

@wildenbeest - We tested Synology with Stream-9 firmware 4.6.439250.52 playing high-res FLAC files without any problem.

wildenbeest

• Audio Animal
« Reply #19 on: 3 Jan 2023, 12:39 pm »
Hi Rusty, after the latest update I could listen to music from the Synolgy for over an hour, then I had to go and after 2 hours I put everything on again and there was again no connection with the NAS . I tried it several times with the same result. So I took my old Aurelic mini for streaming from the synology NAS and I use the Stream9 only for Spotify.