Yamaha GT2000 Turntable opinions

Rocket

Yamaha GT2000 Turntable opinions
« on: 23 Nov 2022, 11:32 am »
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has actually heard a Yamaha GT2000 turntable and would like to know your opinion? I'm thinking of selling my Bryston turntable and trying to purchase one off Zen Market.  Mike from Liquid Audio raves about this turntable and I'd like to import one into Australia.

https://liquidaudio.com.au/yamaha-gt-2000-turntable-review-cable-replacement/

https://liquidaudio.com.au/yamaha-gt-2000-turntable-major-service-cartridge-install/

Thanks for your help.

Regards Rod

orthobiz

Re: Yamaha GT2000 Turntable opinions
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2022, 02:16 am »
Looks super cool. You should buy it to hear it! Let us know...

Paul

Rocket

« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec 2022, 12:44 pm »
Hi Guys,

A change of direction as I bought a new technics sl1200g turntable yesterday.I was undecided as the technics is quite a stretch for me, financially, but in the end after I was told a cartridge was included in the price I bought it. It was on special including the cartridge for $4200usd.

I thought it was a pretty good deal imo. I've been swapping and changing turntables for a couple of years now and I just want to settle on good quality one. In the future I'll get a better cartridge but the goldring will do for now.  I've never heard a goldring cartridge so it will be interesting to hear how good it is.

I'll post my comments once I have the turntable in the new year.

Cheers Rod

Cyber One

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2023, 03:47 pm »
those GT2000's are very nice tables, I'v e heard one a long time ago and the do sound very nice.

Acidfly

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2023, 01:09 am »
I just bought one of the with a bunch of accessories. yds-8, yab-1, yop-1 and yal-1. I believe it's a lifetime last TT purchase.

twitch54

« Reply #5 on: 1 Dec 2023, 08:38 pm »
Rocket, congrats on the new Technics, wise choice IMO !  A TT at its price point that has few if any rivals and punches well beyond. No doubt it will give you many years of analog pleasure !