Odyssey / Symphonic Line at CAF 2022 - Out of this world!

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: Odyssey / Symphonic Line at CAF 2022 - Out of this world!
« Reply #40 on: 19 Dec 2022, 04:55 pm »
Nope......

I have used formulas,  test and measuring equipment etc in the past and what I found that works best for me is that I'm using only the finest one available to me.....my own 2 ears.   I'm doing this for so long now and yes,  I've gotten to be excellent at this and trust myself in setups in  that I know when it's "there"     ...   that also meant that Thursday night / Friday morning I had to lift those 160 lbs $^%&$^%$#^%^&E$^     probably 15 + times on/ and off the platforms,   but it worked really,  really well.........

If ,  however,  you want a measuring / mathematical formula etc.  out of the dozens of different suggestions out there,  then I find it most important to eliminate the first and 2nd wave reflections as much as possible...the extreme nearfield setup of mine does that,  but in general do this:

measure the room long ways...then position the front of the tweeter 1/3rd,  1/5th,  1/7th,  or 1/9th  of the length of the room  to the rear wall......

works most times.

And yes,  most of the times I don't give a shit about math,  measurements,  "scientifically proven"  methods etc.......

My kind of Guy. Merry Christmas Klauss
charles

GentleBender

« Reply #41 on: 25 Mar 2023, 06:25 pm »
The Music Room is selling these speakers direct for $3,505.39, no need to use Audiogon
https://tmraudio.com/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/odyssey-liquid-floorstanding-speakers-oak-pair/

Thank you for posting this. I had to free these beauties from prison. The folks at The Music Room were great to work with and shipped them to me quickly. I’m still getting them set up, but love the sound. What a deal! Now I have to call Klaus to order some platforms and speaker cables.

WGH

« Reply #42 on: 25 Mar 2023, 07:09 pm »
We need lots of updates

tparm

« Reply #43 on: 27 Mar 2023, 07:32 pm »
I also first heard the Liquids at CAF 2022 and my wife ordered me a pair for Christmas. I recently received them and set them using Klaus’s guidelines and my ears (have not run RT60 or taken measurements yet but my room is also treated). I bought plinths from Butcher Block Audio and brass feet from Eden Sound.

I’m at about 165 hours so far and yes, the speakers do change as they burn/break in. Everyone says 400 hours but after the initial tubbiness and excessive bass calmed down I must say I’m truly in love with what I am hearing. Near full range sound, freakishly huge but natural soundstage, detail without a hint of harshness….. I’ve owned and heard a lot of speakers in my room and I rank these at the top. The plinths made a massive difference and toe in only took minutes to find the right spot.

I won’t ramble on but if anyone wants to know anything specific about the speakers, room or rig please reply and I'll check in from time to time.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2023, 07:22 pm by tparm »

hi_watt

« Reply #44 on: 10 Apr 2023, 03:54 pm »
I also first heard the Liquids at CAF 2022 and my wife ordered me a pair for Christmas. I recently received them and set them using Klaus’s guidelines and my ears (have not run RT60 or taken measurements yet but my room is also treated). I bought plinths from Butcher Block Audio and brass feet from Eden Sound.

I’m at about 165 hours so far and yes, the speakers do change as they burn/break in. Everyone says 400 hours but after the initial tubbiness and excessive bass calmed down I must say I’m truly in love with what I am hearing. Near full range sound, freakishly huge but natural soundstage, detail without a hint of harshness….. I’ve owned and heard a lot of speakers in my room and I rank these at the top. The plinths made a massive difference and toe in only took minutes to find the right spot.

I won’t ramble on but if anyone wants to know anything specific about the speakers, room or rig please reply and I'll check in from time to time.

Thanks.

Not only do I bet they sound amazing, they look amazing too. Congrats!

qdrone

« Reply #45 on: 10 Apr 2023, 08:45 pm »
Nice perch man. Everyone who has bought these speakers gush about them. I love mine.

GentleBender

« Reply #46 on: 10 Apr 2023, 08:59 pm »
I sent my Kismet amps in to be upgraded by the Klaus man. Now I must play the waiting game. New speakers and no amps, but I know it will be worth it. 8)

liptrader

« Reply #47 on: 17 Apr 2023, 01:41 pm »
Sorry to tell you, you’ll have to pry them out of my cold hands. Klaus even came buy my house to connect to his Kismets. Fabulous sound, best I ever heard. Talk about CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
lip