Intro

6string

Intro
« on: 10 Mar 2022, 05:27 pm »
Greetings......
My name is Mark and I have a Hi FI addiction, and I know I can count on this group to make it worse.  My current system is BlueSound Vault 2 feeding a McIntosh MA252.  Speakers need upgrading, so X4s on order.

I live for classic rock and blues.  I make an annual pilgrimage to the Mississippi Delta to make things in my world right again.  I'm currently learning Fleetwood Mac's The Chain and Muddy Water's Catfish Blues on guitar.  And I am grateful to be learning new things at 55. 

Now over to the X4 thread to ask a question...

Mark H.
Manitou Springs, Colorado

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2022, 10:31 pm »
Welcome.  If you ever want to hear the X3's, I have a pair and I'm in Denver.

AllanS

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2022, 05:24 am »
Welcome Mark.   Looking forward to your X4 impressions.

franSSS

« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2022, 09:36 am »
Hiya Mark,

Welcome. Hope you really enjoy your X3's. Your 1st time with open baffle speakers?

6string

« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2022, 03:41 pm »
Tyson,  Thanks for the invite.

franSSS, Yes, first open baffle. Never have heard them before, how's that for a leap of faith.

Mr. Big

« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2022, 02:47 pm »
Welcome, no leap of faith you have so many on this site who owns them and what they say you can count on. Just get the right model for your room, and musical taste, the great speaker in the wrong room for them equals bad sound, perhaps a smaller speaker in the right size room equals stellar sound. Clayton and his team will be very helpful to you so use them, I did and my results have been great.