Ifi Blu Go w/ Apple iOS - direct connection

jandrews

Ifi Blu Go w/ Apple iOS - direct connection
« on: 8 Dec 2021, 02:44 pm »
Hello,
I've been using a new Ifi Blu Go portable dac/amp/ with bluetooth and have been pretty impressed with the sound and usability.  There are times when I'd like to connect direct instead of using bluetooth and I'm having trouble with my iPhone.  The unit connects directly with my MacBook using a usb-c to usb-c cable and there is an improvement in sq when using the device this way.  (the Blu Go still sounds really good when using it wirelessly)
I purchased a supposed high quality lightning to usb-c cable in order to connect directly to my iPhone 11 but neither the phone nor the Blu Go seems to recognize the connection.  The Ifi device doesn't play the digital stream nor does it charge. 
Has anyone has success connecting directly to an iPhone with an OTG type lightning to usb-c cable?
Thank you
jandrews

iFi David

• iFi audio NEO Stream is here!
    • iFi audio
Re: Ifi Blu Go w/ Apple iOS - direct connection
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2021, 10:02 pm »
Hmm, if your cable doesn't charge GO blu, my best advice would be to check that cable and possibly try a different one to see whether it behaves any differently.

jandrews

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2021, 05:05 am »
Thank you
I think I had a faulty cable.
It’s been replaced and the unit is both charging and being fed the digital source from the phone now.
The Blu Go sounds really good on Bluetooth and I usually use it wirelessly …but when connected directly it’s just a bit more present and filled out.  Great product

iFi David

• iFi audio NEO Stream is here!
    • iFi audio
« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2022, 11:59 pm »
That's good news, thanks for your feedback and enjoy :)