Blown away

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Blown away
« Reply #20 on: 29 Oct 2021, 06:05 pm »
Any pre-amps from PASS Labs you could still recommend (AFAIK, Nelson designs power amps only...), please? :) The XP-22 looks very tempting, but it is at the very top of my budget, and am wondering if can get something "better" to pair with my XA-30... :) Should I look elsewhere for a fully balanced, discrete, full time class A SS design? :) There are not many opportunities to audition quality products in my neck of the woods, and your input will be much appreciated, dear experts! :)

I can handle an SS amp, but premps are where I draw the line!  No SS preamps for me, hahah :D  Sorry, I can't help with that.  I'm sure the Pass pre's are very nice but I have to have tubes SOMEWHERE.  :thumb:

Tangram

« Reply #21 on: 29 Oct 2021, 10:18 pm »
Any pre-amps from PASS Labs you could still recommend (AFAIK, Nelson designs power amps only...), please? :) The XP-22 looks very tempting, but it is at the very top of my budget, and am wondering if can get something "better" to pair with my XA-30... :) Should I look elsewhere for a fully balanced, discrete, full time class A SS design? :) There are not many opportunities to audition quality products in my neck of the woods, and your input will be much appreciated, dear experts! :)

No affiliation (I am in Canada). Separate power supply. Big bang for the buck.

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649754151-pass-labs-xp20/

Daryl Zero

« Reply #22 on: 30 Oct 2021, 12:49 am »
Local pickup only or preferred. The kiss of death.