Need advice for HT set up

morganc

Need advice for HT set up
« on: 25 Sep 2021, 04:35 am »
I’ve got a new home and am setting up a small home theater room that measures 15x16 feet. 
Currently I have two Dual Servo H Frame Subs not in use.   Though when I get my Spatial X3’s in the living room set up I may want the subs there but that’s a bit down the road. 

Options include
1. GR Research OB 7’s. I’ve never heard them but they are available locally.
2. Build a top section from the GR Lineup.  What would be the best kit  for this room?   What kits are in stock or will be soon with the next shipment?
3. Buy a used top section or X Static  from someone reading this :)
4. Build an X Static kit. 

Or I could just say,
5.  it’s just HT, buy some decent floor standers off EBay or US Audio…..

Open to y’all’s expert opinions    :popcorn:

Again I’ve never heard the OB 7’s but did own an X static ages ago.  How do they compare?   

morganc

Re: Need advice for HT set up
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2021, 05:21 pm »
Next Question....How would an X-Voce match with OB-7's?  How close the drivers and tweeter?  I am not looking for perfection here...passion is 2 Channel but love to hear great dialogue in movies, and enjoy music in movies as well.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2021, 05:38 pm »
Next Question....How would an X-Voce match with OB-7's?  How close the drivers and tweeter?  I am not looking for perfection here...passion is 2 Channel but love to hear great dialogue in movies, and enjoy music in movies as well.

Very good matching between the 2.  And the OB 7's are excellent speakers, if you can get them already built and also local?  That's a no brainer.

morganc

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2021, 06:05 pm »
Yep, that is what I thought as well Tyson.  And from a stand up guy as well. 
Much appreciation.
Morgan

Vince in TX

« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2021, 01:10 pm »
I went with the X-Statics, X-Voce, A/V-1RS surrounds and a pair of Servo Sub 4 kits for my home theater (in-ceiling are Bowers & Wilkins CCM684, and I have an SVS PB-2000 Pro at the back of the room, otherwise the entire theater is GR Research  :thumb:):