« Reply #40 on: 18 Sep 2021, 04:25 pm »
A pair of X5's just hit US
 Audio Mart today. $5,500.

radarnyc

Re: X5's in the House
« Reply #41 on: 19 Sep 2021, 01:15 am »
A pair of X5's just hit US
 Audio Mart today. $5,500.

This is a paid board by spatial audio. Doesn’t it feel kind of poor form to post used speakers here? Clayton gets $0 from resells of course.

doggie

« Reply #42 on: 19 Sep 2021, 02:35 am »
This is a paid board by spatial audio. Doesn’t it feel kind of poor form to post used speakers here? Clayton gets $0 from resells of course.

I agree. Plus I started the thread as a personal account.

Back to the topic. My X5's are getting nicely broken in. The first 100+ hours were like using the coarse tuning nob on an old(very) TV. Now we are using the fine tuning nob. Recordings have moved into the "what you see is what you get" territory. Good recordings are very good and lesser recordings not so much...

Mr. Big

« Reply #43 on: 19 Sep 2021, 02:59 pm »
I would guess the poster of X5 that a preowned set was being helpful. Some cannot afford a new set so this is always an option when available. That is why Audiogon and others exist, and there must be many buyers or they would not be in business and even then buyers for the most part still try to low ball you even when the price is more than fair. I guess everyone wants to get things on the cheap as possible and some I noticed buy and resell at a higher price than they purchased the item for, that I find unethical.

And to be honest Audiophiles are always trying to find something better than want they have, and that is a state of mind because good is good, then you doing change for change sake, their is no absolute sound, but there is the right sound to our own taste and that is the absolute sound. Then of course if we want to upgrade our Spatial Audio  speakers we would have to resell them right? and hope for someone to buy them so you can buy a new speaker so I would hope to 1st place to let folks know would be a site where so many visit to talk about Spatial speakers, Clayton then gets a new order from us once we sell what we have. It is a win.win. 
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2021, 02:02 pm by Mr. Big »

Desertpilot

• Retired
« Reply #44 on: 20 Sep 2021, 03:13 pm »
I agree. Plus I started the thread as a personal account.

Back to the topic. My X5's are getting nicely broken in. The first 100+ hours were like using the coarse tuning nob on an old(very) TV. Now we are using the fine tuning nob. Recordings have moved into the "what you see is what you get" territory. Good recordings are very good and lesser recordings not so much...

Thanks for the update.  I look forward to reading about your personal journey with your X5s.  Just as I enjoy posting my impressions of my new X3s.  Let's hope your thread doesn't get hijacked again.

Marcus

geerock

« Reply #45 on: 21 Sep 2021, 12:34 am »
Wasn't $5500 the retail price on the X5's before the price increase?  I'm pretty sure thats what I paid in January 2000.

Spatial Audio

« Reply #46 on: 21 Sep 2021, 01:36 am »
Wasn't $5500 the retail price on the X5's before the price increase?  I'm pretty sure thats what I paid in January 2000.

The original price from 2 yrs ago was $5950. They were raised to $6950 shortly thereafter, once we figured out our true cost in production. They are now listed with the Gaia II set of 8 feet included at $7500 pr. So the speakers themselves are still $6950 pr. with the cone feet.

Clayton

geerock

« Reply #47 on: 21 Sep 2021, 02:31 am »
All I know is I'm glad I got them when I did.

Mr. Big

« Reply #48 on: 22 Sep 2021, 12:02 am »
PRICE INCREASE STILL MAKES SPATIAL AUDIO AND STONE-COLD BARGAIN COLD QUALITY-WISE.

Spatial Audio

« Reply #49 on: 22 Sep 2021, 01:55 pm »
PRICE INCREASE STILL MAKES SPATIAL AUDIO AND STONE-COLD BARGAIN COLD QUALITY-WISE.

Remember, the price the is still $6950 with the cone feet, so the price has of the speaker has not gone up.

Clayton