Klipsch RP-8000F and Klipsch RP-600C Upgrade...

mudnsavy

Klipsch RP-8000F and Klipsch RP-600C Upgrade...
« on: 13 Feb 2021, 05:26 pm »
I have just ordered the Klipsch RP-8000F and the RP-600C upgrades from GR Research. Before I orders I called in and had to leave a message. It wasn't even 1 hour later, he called me back and answered all my questions. I am very excited to go through this Upgrade process and make these budget speakers come alive. My order will have to wait for the tube connectors to come in and then it will be shipped out. I will try and document as much as I can during the upgrade. Maybe a YouTube Video too.

For now its time to keep listening to my music and making more notes about what I hear and then after the upgrade do it again with those same songs. I am hoping for more detail and a full body in the midrange. We will see????

mudnsavy

Re: Klipsch RP-8000F and Klipsch RP-600C Upgrade...
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2021, 04:34 pm »
Here is how I wired up the crossover. I think it will fit just fine across the support in the middle of the box and not touch the speaker magnets.

mudnsavy

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2021, 03:53 pm »
I finished up the RP-600C crossover upgrade last night. This is my first go at doing this. I am glad I did the center channel first and I can't wait to start on the RP-8000F towers soon. They are going to sound great. 

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 29 Mar 2021, 04:03 pm »
Looks great! Excellent work!  :thumb:

Excited to hear your feedback once the project is complete for the main towers!

mudnsavy

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2021, 09:10 pm »
Here is the RP-8000F Upgrade Process. I think the part I dis-like to most is prepping the cabinet to make sure the NO-Res with go down good and stick. Also if your wire crimps are like mine the old crossover posts need to be cut off to get them in there for the tube connectors. The other thing is to make sure you put the woofers back in the right way so that the beauty rings will snap into the 2 holes. Every thing is back together and it is sounding good already. After they burn-in a bit it will be even better.. Thanks Danny for all the help.

mudnsavy

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2021, 09:14 pm »
One more post for you here. This is the frequency sweep from REW with my UMIK-One. So the one from the Tweeter really shows what this upgrade does for the highs and the dip at 1,000K. The other two I am thinking my room got into the mix. haha. But the highs being brought down is easier on my ears (I do like that). Anyway this is what I got and wanted to show you guys. Keep in mind I am getting more detail for sure and the vocals in music is just amazing me so far.

4ever7

« Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2021, 07:45 pm »
Great post!  Thanks for documenting your upgrade

mudnsavy

« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2021, 10:41 pm »
No Problem man. I just wanted to let people see what to expect when you take them apart and all the little details. Don't take the responses to heart I am sure I didn't do a good job with REW software. Anyway it's done and They do sound a lot better.

claudeG

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jan 2022, 07:51 pm »
Great write up and great pix: many thanks for sharing all this with us, not to mention your enthousiasm.

i would be interested in having pix from the original xover of the RP-8000F: is there any chance you kept them / can make some pix so we can all see the starting point? The idea is to trying to find out the caps values and overall schematic Klipsch followed for its speakers...

Just asking, if yoo much trouble no issue of course

Many thanks and enjoy your music very much in 2022

Claude

Jdegunya

« Reply #9 on: 21 Feb 2023, 09:07 pm »
Thank you so much for providing a photo of the built RP-8000F crossover. I'm doing this upgrade now and it's helped me a ton to understand the wiring schematic provided by GR Research. I wanted to ask in the schematic provided by GR Research it shows the wire leads inverted to the tweeter. However in the crossover photo the leads do not appear to be an inverted to tweeter. Am I reading the GR Research schematic correctly?

My apologies for the untimely post. I'm just so happy that I found this website.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 22 Feb 2023, 02:41 pm »
Thank you so much for providing a photo of the built RP-8000F crossover. I'm doing this upgrade now and it's helped me a ton to understand the wiring schematic provided by GR Research. I wanted to ask in the schematic provided by GR Research it shows the wire leads inverted to the tweeter. However in the crossover photo the leads do not appear to be an inverted to tweeter. Am I reading the GR Research schematic correctly?

My apologies for the untimely post. I'm just so happy that I found this website.

The polarity flip is intentional, and putting it "normal" will cause a suck out at the crossover point.
Chances are they kept the wires normal, but flipped the polarity when soldering to the drivers.

Jdegunya

« Reply #11 on: 9 Mar 2023, 07:39 am »
The polarity flip is intentional, and putting it "normal" will cause a suck out at the crossover point.
Chances are they kept the wires normal, but flipped the polarity when soldering to the drivers.

Thank you for the confirmation. I finished installing the crossover today and this is a fantastic upgrade. I’m so happy for the availability of this kit and this wonderful forum for guidance.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #12 on: 12 Mar 2023, 01:32 am »
Thank you for the confirmation. I finished installing the crossover today and this is a fantastic upgrade. I’m so happy for the availability of this kit and this wonderful forum for guidance.

Congrats on getting it done!  Yes I agree that speakers sound much better after Danny works his magic on them.